A cold, delicious assemblage of green rice flour jelly, coconut milk and palm sugar (Gula Melaka), this dessert we’re about to feature is one of Singapore’s favourite desserts! Put together with the best of Singapore’s tropical flavours like red bean paste, glass jelly or even a delightful dose of durian paste and you’ll be in heaven. If you like the sound of that, you’re going to love what we have in store. We’ve rounded up the 7 best halal Chendol spots for you to enjoy in sunny Singapore!
The Best Halal Chendol Spots In SG
1. Makan Melaka Perhaps one of the most famous spots in the east for halal cendol, Makan Melaka can be found in a little corner of Changi Village, right opposite the famous Changi Village Hawker Center!P.S. Check out these 8 Halal Eateries In SG's Changi Village!Credit: makanlagi__ on InstagramThis place has Chendol so good it’s been featured on Channel 5 and radio stations! 😍 Oh and while you’re here, take the chance to enjoy some of their other Malay desserts and snacks, such as Pisang Goreng (fried banana fritters), Epok Epok (curry puff) and more.Makan MelakaHalal Status: Halal-CertifiedFacebook
2. Cendol Geylang Serai: Best ChendolYet another famous spot, this little stall in the heart of Geylang Serai has sold only Chendol for more than 50 years. Known for having the same Chendol recipe since the start of its days, this decadent dessert has been passed down through 3 generations - it’s definitely a treat that’ll be hard to beat!
P.S. Check out these 8 Halal Dessert Shops In Singapore With Islandwide Delivery!Credit: Cendol Geylang Serai on FacebookThe most interesting part about this stall is that it uses no other ingredients! Riding on the bare essentials of cendol like rice flour jelly and Gula Melaka, this cendol stall must have a secret up its sleeves. 😮Cendol Geylang Serai Halal Status: Muslim-OwnedFacebook
3. A1 Chendol & Durian
This partially Muslim-Owned chendol store has exciting and unique flavours you're absolutely going to love. From Signature Penang Chendol
to chendol and drinks specifically catered for durian lovers and those with a sweet tooth, there's a little something for everyone at A1 Chendol & Durian!
Credit: a1chendol on Instagram
If you love all things durian, check out the Durian Chendol. At just $5.5o, you get the best of both worlds: the delectable taste of the king of fruits and the sweetness of cendol! And it doesn't stop there - A1 Chendol has 6 different Durian drink flavours. 🤩
Halal Status: Muslim-Owned Instagram
4. Cendol Kain PelikatAlthough not exactly a cendol stall, you can still get your fix of delicious cold dessert with Cendol Kain Pelikat! This home-based business not only caters for events but also delivers cendol right to your doorstep.Credit: Cendolkainpelikat on InstagramOffering 3 sizes of bottles from 300ml to chendols by the bucket, you’ll definitely have your cravings satisfied. Their buckets go for only $18 for 2 buckets, too! Enough for a whole party. 😍Cendolkainpelikat Halal Status: Muslim-Owned Instagram
5. Chendol KitaHave you ever heard of Artisanal Chendol? 😱 Now you have! Chendol Kita a halal artisanal chendol business provides you with local, authentic, hand pressed chendol topped with a variety of drinks! Credit: Chendol Kita on InstagramWith the classic chendol jelly as a base, their chendol drinks come in 5 different flavours: Chendolkita, Tehkita, Kopikita, Soyakita and Bandungkita! They also cater to your special occasions and events, so if you’ve got a birthday party or wedding coming up, you might just want to consider Chendol Kita.Chendol KitaHalal Status: Muslim-OwnedInstagram
6. Old Amoy Chendol Credit: oldamoychendol on InstagramHere’s another family chendol recipe you might just love! Old Amoy Chendol’s chendol recipe has been passed down since the 1950s and they continue to ensure that their delightful dish is made fresh daily!From cold-pressing fresh coconut to making chendol jelly from natural pandan leaves, the extra effort this third generation stall has put into their dessert will have you in Chendol heaven! Check out their stall at KAAAKIS Food Court in Pasir Ris West, a halal-certified food court! Old Amoy Chendol Halal Status: Halal-CertifiedFacebook
7. Overrun Chendol at Overrun Credit: Overrun on FacebookWanna try a modern twist on the classic dessert? This stall’s for you! Overrun’s taken the beloved dessert and turned it into one for the younger generations. Adding ice cream layers to sandwich the typical layers of Gula Melaka and rice jelly, Overrun Chendol at Overrun will leave you craving for more. The store even has various flavours for the adventurous foodie to try! Dig into their watermelon, snickers, or bubble gum flavours for an extra cold and sweet treat. Check out more of their interesting and unique take on chendol and desserts at their Facebook or Instagram page!Overrun Chendol at Overrun Halal Status: Halal-Certified FacebookHot days are no problem with Singapore’s finest, cold dessert! Perfect for any occasion, you’re definitely in for a real treat with this mouth-watering local dish.