Halal Eateries In Bangkok
1. Sinthorn SteakhouseIf the thought of a succulent slab of freshly grilled steak excites you as much as it does to me then Sinthorn Steakhouse is the perfect place for you! This restaurant is not only one of the largest but also one of the most famous among Thai Muslims having built its reputation around serving great quality grilled meats!
2. Yusup PochanaThe great thing about Thai Muslim food is that it doesn’t stop at just Thai cuisine! One of the best places to try authentic Thai Muslim food is at Yusup Pochana!
3. Yana RestaurantIf you’re heading to Bangkok then it’s almost guaranteed that you will eventually find yourself at MBK which is the city’s most recognisable shopping centre. The great thing is, with Yana Restaurant around, you won’t have to stress over trying to find halal food to quell your appetite in the midst of all that shopping!
4. Maedah RestaurantThe food at Maedah Restaurant represents a medley of different cuisines which is perfect if you're having trouble making up your mind over what to eat! Located in Pratunam, which is one of Bangkok’s major shopping area, the restaurant makes for a great pit stop while you’re exploring the area.
5. Samat Muslim FoodHere's another eatery you should visit while in Pratunam - Samat Muslim Food! Most people might walk past this humble eatery without noticing it but it's located just opposite Pratunam Market and just a 3-minute walk away from ARL Ratchaprarop Station.
The food at Samat is comforting especially after a long day being out and about. Plus, it’s highly affordable as well. One of their specialties that you shouldn’t miss here is their refreshing Tom Yum which is sour, spicy and tangy all at once.
Their Papaya Salad is also worth trying – it’s crunchy, spicy and full of flavour. If you’re travelling in a big group, indulge in their whole fish dishes like stir-fried and steamed seabass which are perfect for sharing!Halal status: Muslim-owned Facebook
6. Saman IslamWhat could be better than indulging in a comforting bowl of beef noodles accompanied by a side of freshly prepared Thai fishcakes after a long day of braving the sweltering heat of Chatuchak Market?
7. Busaba Halal Restaurant
Halal roast duck in Bangkok? We kid you not! With Bangkok having a wide mix of cultures from all around Asia, it’s no surprise that a Chinese dish like roast duck has become part of Thai cuisine. Busaba is one of the only few places selling halal roast duck in Bangkok and you should totally come here if you want a taste of Thai-styled roast duck with their Duck with Egg Noodle!
Don’t leave without trying out the palatable desserts and organic coffee too! Halal cafes are not quite easy to find in Bangkok so if you’re looking for your café fix, Busaba is the place to go. Did we mention that Busaba has a hipster café vibe too?
Busaba might seem far and out of the way as it’s located in Dusit, away from the main shopping areas in Bangkok, but trust us, its yummy roast duck is enough reason to visit! Plus, here’s your chance to explore another district of Bangkok, which many travellers haven’t been to.
Halal status: Muslim-owned
[P.S. For more travel tips, check out our Bangkok insider's guide for essential Muslim-friendly tips you need to know!]
8. Usman Thai Muslim Food
If you're shopping at Sukhumvit and looking for a place to refuel, look no further than Usman Thai Muslim Food! This unassuming eatery will make you feel right at home with their hearty dishes.
Whether you're looking for yummy Thai dishes to share or ala carte items, Usman's got you covered! Try their mouthwatering tom yum with some crab curry, deep-fried seabass and papaya salad and you're all set. Their fried noodles and rice selection like Pad See Eew and Thai Fried Rice will satisfy your cravings too.
Of course, no meal is complete without desserts and we recommend getting their Mango Sticky Rice too! With generous mango portions and tantalising sticky rice, you'd be left thoroughly satisfied!
Halal status: Muslim-owned
9. NadimosOf course, in Bangkok your options aren’t just limited to Thai cuisine. The great thing about this city is that you can sample a taste of cuisines from almost all corners of the globe which is great if you’re looking to switch things up. Nadimos gives you the option of delving into Lebanese cuisine. Highly acclaimed by its customers, it is regarded as one of the best of its kind in Bangkok! Nadimos serves all of our favourite Lebanese dishes from freshly made kebab and pita bread to baba ghanoush which is their signature eggplant dip pureed with garlic and a range of other tantalizing spices. Best of all, the serving sizes are generous and the staff are noted to be really friendly! Halal status: While halal meat is available, do note that alcoholic beverages served in the establishment Facebook
10. Al HussainWherever you are in the world, Indian food never fails to hit the spot. Al Hussain is one of, if not the go-to place in Bangkok for getting your fix of both Indian and Arabic cuisine. The restaurant is serious about serving fresh food. The bread is made in-house and the meats are cooked to order ensuring everything reaches your table while still hot!
11. Home CuisineI'm sure you will probably agree when I say that nothing really beats the taste of home-cooked food! Home Cuisine prides itself on serving freshly prepared dishes that are as close to home-cooked as you can possibly get from a restaurant. Its diner-style outlook reflects its dedication to keeping things rustic allowing its food, which consists of a blend of Thai and Indian cuisine, to take centre stage!
12. AYA Japanese Halal RestaurantIf you're craving a quick break from local Thai food, how about digging into a savoury bowl of ramen or satisfyingly sweet unagi don (rice bowl)? While you're in the heart of the city, make sure to head on over to AYA Japanese Halal Restaurant for the freshest picks of the day! Their wide menu will satisfy any craving you have - and of course, we can't forget their fresh sashimi either!
13. Sharif Halal Food
Looking for a truly special hole-in-the-wall restaurant? Then you’ve got to visit Sharif Halal Food which is located in a shophouse down a small alleyway, but promises you an authentic homecooked meal packed full of classic Thai flavours! ?
Run by Sharif and his wife, this tiny eatery sells Thai classics including tom yum seafood soup, fried rice with shrimp, and of course Thai milk tea!
As an added bonus, Sharif’s is located just a few steps away from the Nurun Nasihah Mosque - which makes this a convenient stop for doing your prayers too!
Halal status: Muslim-ownedFacebook[P.S. Planning to shop? Check out awesome markets in Bangkok that'll unleash the shopaholic in you!] This list is by no means exhaustive, as there are a number of restaurants in Bangkok that serve amazing Halal food! With so much delicious food galore in this amazing city, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t already be planning your Bangkok itinerary!