Taking a break from the city's hustle and bustle is easy in Selangor. Besides the breathtaking nature retreats and attractions, this brand new Forest Skywalk in Selangor should definitely be on your radar!
Situated at the Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) in Selangor, make your way to the all-new Forest Skywalk, also known as Jejantas Rimba! Opened on 31 August 2020, the skywalk measures up 18 to 50 metres high and 250 meters in length.
According to FRIM's latest Facebook post, the main structure of Forest Skywalk is built using aluminium and supported with 'guy wire', a tensioned cable that's often used to add stability to any free-standing structure.
Once you make your way to the top of the Forest Skywalk, visitors will be treated to an incredible panorama of Kepong Botanic Gardens and the man-made forest that sits in the heart of FRIM.
For any visitors who are brave enough to climb to the 50-meter platform, the highest lookout point of Forest Skywalk, you can even spot the buildings surrounding Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya including KLCC, Menara Tun Razak Exchange, and Menara Telekom Malaysia!
Things you should know about Forest Skywalk
- Forest Skywalk has a daily limit of 150 visitors
- For groups with more than 10 people, you can make advance reservation at least three days before your date of visit. Your group will also be accompanied by a nature guide. For bookings and enquiries, contact the Visitor's Information Centre at +603-6279 7592/7596/7649 or email [email protected]
- Visitors are required to wear proper footwear (preferably, shoes)
- Visitors must follow the SOP when visiting Kepong Botanic Gardens where Forest Skywalk is located. For more information, click here
If you're looking for a new nature spot to visit in Kuala Lumpur this weekend, look no further than the brand new Forest Skywalk!
Opening hours: Mon-Thu; 8.30AM-4.30PM, Fri; 8.30AM-12.15PM, 2.45PM-4.30PM, Sat-Sun; 8.30AM-4.30PM
Admission fee (Forest Skywalk only):
- Adult: RM15 (Malaysian), RM40 (Non-Malaysian)
- Student (7-17 years): RM8 (Malaysian), RM25 (Non-Malaysian)
- Senior citizens: RM10 (Malaysian), RM40 (Non-Malaysian)
- Extra charges apply to enter the 50-meter tower (13 years old and above): RM5 (Malaysian), RM10 (Non-Malaysian)
- Note: Children below 6 years old are not allowed to enter Forest Skywalk
Address: Forest Research Institute Malaysia, 52109 Kepong, Selangor
Website | Facebook | Instagram