One of the things we love most about Hari Raya is all the yummy goodies we get to enjoy. If you're looking to make a sweet treat at home this upcoming festive holiday, why not whip up mini bread butter pudding with blueberries and cream cheese frosting? Both easy and delicious, get ready to impress your loved ones with this delightful dessert ?
P.S. Singapore friends, shop for your ingredients at Giant Singapore from their range of Lower Prices That Last as well as ongoing Raya promotion! The entire dessert will only cost you $3 per pax - that's 50% less compared to buying from outside ?
Ingredients (yields 6)
For bread pudding:
- 2 ½ cup cubed Meadows wholemeal bread (about 3-4 slices)
- 3 tbsp Meadows salted butter
- ¼ cup Meadows white granulated sugar
- ½ cup Meadows Fresh Full Cream
- Meadows California raisins
- 3 eggs
- Handful of blueberries
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
For cream cheese frosting:
- ½ cup Meadows salted butter
- 1 block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (250g); room temperature
- 2 cups Meadows white granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
Step 1: Prepare bread butter pudding
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease a 6-cup muffin pan with some butter.
- Melt 3 tbsp of butter in a medium bowl.
- Add fresh full cream, sugar and vanilla; whisk together. Add in eggs and stir to combine.
- Cut 3-4 slices of bread into cubes and add into the bowl. Stir and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Divide the bread cubes between the 6 muffin cups. Even out the amount of liquid between the cups; it should fill about three-fourths of the way in each cup.
- Bake the bread pudding for 20 minutes.
- At the 20-minute mark, scatter a few raisins and brush any excess butter on top. Return the bread pudding to the oven for another 7-10 minutes.
Step 2: Prepare cream cheese frosting
- Whip the cream cheese and butter together at high speed to get air into the mixture.
- Turn the speed down and gradually add in the sugar.
- Add in vanilla essence and mix well.
Step 3: Assemble
- Remove pan from oven. Allow the pudding to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before moving with a knife.
- Plate pudding in nibble bowls of wooden tray.
- Spread cream cheese frosting on top of bread butter pudding.
- Top with blueberries and enjoy!
And there you have it - a festive treat that's both delicious and easy to do. Plus, you'll be able to save on cost when shopping at Giant Singapore for the ingredients! With their range of Lower Prices That Last and Raya promotion, there's no need to worry about burning a hole in your wallet when treating your loved ones to a home-baked dessert this holiday ?
Check out our video recipe for mini bread butter pudding with blueberries below ?
This article was brought to you by Giant Singapore.