Are you someone who enjoys making pretty bakes that taste just as amazing as they look? We’re talking edible flower cookies, focaccia gardens, dreamy pavlovas and fruit sandwiches. If you are, then you’re in for a treat as we bring you your next Insta-worthy, lip-smacking dish: Cloud eggs!
Just like its name suggests, these dreamy nests of whipped egg whites and a yolk centre resemble fluffy clouds on a sunny day and we're here for it 😍
With grated cheese folded into the egg whites as well, this dish has automatically shot to the top of our list for breakfast options. Pair it with some toasted bread, a bagel or even slices of avocado and you've got yourself the perfect meal to start your day. So if you're ready to bring the visuals and flavours to your table, this easy cloud egg recipe will help you get started.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Chopped chives to garnish (optional)
With 3 ingredients and a few simple steps, you’ll be able to serve yourself some of the loveliest looking and fluffiest tasting cloud eggs in no time 😊 And if you’re trying to impress family and friends with your skills in the kitchen, you'll know which recipe to turn to 😉
- Preheat the oven to 230°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites and yolks into two different bowls. Using a mixer (or a whisk), beat the egg whites for about 3 minutes, starting on low speed then gradually increasing to high speed, until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in parmesan cheese (if using), then add a pinch of salt.
- Spoon two mounds of egg whites onto the baking sheet and indent the centres slightly to form nests. Pop them into the oven and bake for about 3 minutes until lightly golden.
- Pull out the rack with the mounds of egg whites and carefully spoon an egg yolk to the centre of each nest. Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for another 3 minutes until the yolks are just about set.
- Garnish with chives if desired, serve and enjoy!