With the ongoing durian season in Singapore
, we're sure many of you are enjoying your creamy Musang King
and yummy durian D24 at home. While you're at it, why not save a few extra pieces to make mouthwatering durian desserts
starting with mochi! Quick, easy and super addictive, this sweet treat will definitely have you going for seconds and thirds.
Ingredients (yields 30)Directions
- Using a mixer, blend the durian flesh until you get a smooth puree. Keep it in a plastic bag and press it flat with about a 0.5 inch of thickness. Leave it in the freezer overnight till ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, water and sugar together until you get a smooth mixture.
- Steam the flour mixture for about 30 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- With a mixer, blend the steamed dough until it has a chewy and smooth texture. Leave it to cool at room temperature.
- Remove the frozen durian puree from the plastic bag and cut them into small cubes.
- Wear plastic gloves and proceed to brush the mochi dough with some oil.
- Pinch off a small portion of mochi, place a frozen cube of durian puree in the centre and wrap it completely.
- Coat the mochi with cooked corn flour and keep it in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving.
- If not serving immediately, keep it in the freezer.
Check out the video recipe below to see how to properly shape and roll your durian mochi: