What’s Hari Raya without some rendang? Rich, spicy, and flavourful, your festive celebration wouldn't be complete without enjoying this classic dish. While it's often seen as a complicated one to make, it's actually pretty simple to whip up! Using this easy beef rendang recipe, it's time to hop in the kitchen and cook up a storm for your loved ones this Raya.
P.S. Whipping up beef rendang doesn't have to be costly - especially when you've got Giant Singapore offering affordable ingredients from their Lower Prices That Last
range and Raya promotions! At less than $10 for your entire family, keep this dish budget-friendly and shop at Giant Singapore today ?
Ingredients (serves 5-6)For the spice blend:
- 8 x shallots
- 5 cloves of China White Garlic
- 1-inch ginger; cut into small pieces
- ½ tablespoon turmeric powder
- ¾ inch galangal
- 3 sticks of lemongrass; cut into smaller pieces
- 15 pieces of dried chillies; cut into rough pieces, de-seeded, soaked in hot water until soften and drained
- Some water for blending
DirectionStep 1: Prepare spice blend
- 1kg boneless beef short ribs
- 3 sticks of lemongrass; bruised
- 250ml Kara UHT Coconut Cream
- 3 turmeric leaves; finely shredded
- ½ tbsp Meadows granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Oil for frying
Step 2: Cook meat and toss in remaining ingredients
- Blend all the spice blend ingredients together until it becomes a rough paste
- Heat oil in a large wok or pan over medium heat.
- Add the blended spice paste and stir-fry until fragrant and the colour darkens.
- Cut beef into sizable chunks.
- In the same pan as the spice blend, add 3 bruised sticks of lemongrass in with the beef. Mix well and let the beef cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add Kara UHT Coconut Cream and mix well.
- Add sugar and salt. Then mix until everything is well combined.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat slightly and let simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes, stirring regularly to make sure that everything cooks evenly and the bottom doesn’t stick.
- Add the finely shredded turmeric leaves.
- Cook for about 10 minutes over low heat until the gravy has thickened.
- Serve in MasterChef’s rectangular dishes with a lid.
Now that you know how easy and affordable it is to make beef rendang, it's time to make your way to Giant Singapore and shop from their range of Lower Prices At Last
as well as Raya promotions. You'll be able to stretch your dollar this festive holiday while treating your family to a classic Raya dish. It's a win-win ?
P.S. Check out the video recipe for beef rendang here!This article was brought to you by Giant Singapore.