In this day and age, it's amazing what your kitchen appliances can do. One of the appliances that's been making life easier for beginner cooks is the air fryer! From cakes to Korean fried chicken and more, there are so many easy air fryer recipes out there. If you're a beginner cook wanting to whip up some mouthwatering steak for yourself, you might be put off by the idea of going through the hassle and worrying if you're able to cook it to perfection. Well, fret not! If you've been wondering how to cook steak in the air fryer, we've got this easy air fryer halal steak recipe for you.
How to cook steak in the air fryer? Useful hack for beginner cooks
Credit: @silvia_casanova on Instagram
Cooking your steak in the air fryer is perfect as you won't have to worry about overcooking it and the best part is that it will only take you 10-15 minutes!
Most websites recommend using a thicker cut of meat like ribeye or striploin in order for the meat to have the right doneness. However, if you're using a thinner cut, do note that you'll have to adjust the timing of the air fryer.
- Ribeye or striploin (it'll work best if it's about 1-inch thick). Check out our halal steak recipe article for more tips on where to get halal steaks in Singapore and Malaysia.
- Salt, pepper and/or other seasonings
- Oil (recommended: olive oil)
- Pre-heat your air-fryer for 5 minutes at 200 degrees celsius.
- Rub your meat with oil on both sides. You can use any oil but olive oil is one of those recommended by many cooking websites. If you have a cooking oil spray (like in the video below), you can just spray oil onto the air fryer tray instead.
- Season your meat with salt, pepper and any other seasoning you'd like. Remember to season both sides of the steak! It's also best to let your steak sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Place your steaks into the air fryer at 200 degrees celsius and let it cook according to your preferred doneness:
- Medium - set the time to 12 minutes and flip the steak at 6 minutes.
- Medium rare - set the time for 10 minutes and flip the steak at 5 minutes.
- Well done - set a time of about 12 to 15 minutes and remember to check in on the steak mid-way and flip it.
- Once you're done frying the steaks, remove them from the air fryer and let them rest on a plate so that the heat from the air fryer doesn't continue cooking them.
Check out this simple air fryer steak recipe by Cooking With A Little Spice for a perfect, juicy medium well-done steak. Do note that if you prefer your steak medium, medium rare or well done, do adjust the timings accordingly.
Whether you're celebrating a special occasion at home or just trying out new recipes, be sure to try out this air fryer steak recipe and let us know how it goes!
Want more easy recipes of gourmet food? Check these out: