Attention all fans of Disney theme parks! Get ready to bring a little magic to your kitchen by making one of their most popular snacks: churros ? That’s right - using the actual recipe that’s been shared by Disney, you can recreate this yummy treat yourself and remedy the nostalgic feelings that well up at the thought of your past visits to Disneyland. But even if you’ve never been to the theme park before, this is the perfect chance for you to experience a taste of it at home! So, let’s get to making some yummy churros ??
- 1 cup water
- 8 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- In a saucepan, combine water, butter, salt and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon over medium-high heat. Bring the pot to a rolling boil.
- Reduce to low heat. Add flour and stir vigorously until the mixture forms into a ball. Remove pan from heat and let it rest for 5 to 7 minutes. Then add eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
- In a frying pan, heat some oil over medium-high heat until the temperature hits 170ºC
- Fill the dough in a piping bag with a large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strips of dough in over the pan, cut with a knife and carefully drop into the oil. Repeat this process until your pan is filled with some room left to fry.
- Fry the churros until they turn golden brown. Then remove and drain them on a paper towel.
- In a bowl, mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Toss the churros in until fully coated.
- Plate your churros and enjoy!
Check out the video recipe below as an additional guide ?
- If you don’t have a piping bag, simply cut a hole in the corner of a ziploc bag and pipe out your dough instead. While the pattern of the churros won’t be similar to the Disney ones, they’ll still taste just as great!
- You can take it a step further and whip up a chocolate dipping sauce (using this easy recipe) to enjoy with your churros.
So, treat yourself to this iconic Disney snack and enjoy some delicious churros while you revisit its classic films and recent blockbusters ?