As the world continues to fight against COVID-19
, living in various phases of the Movement Control Order
has now become a new norm in Malaysia. It's an uphill battle that seems endless, but a recent announcement by Malaysia's Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin will soon provide leeway on the strict SOPs of the total lockdown.
P.S. Here's a full list of PPVs in Klang Valley that are open for walk-in vaccinations.
Can I dine-in during MCO 3.0?
According to New Straits Times
, individuals who are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 will be allowed to dine-in from tomorrow, August 10
. However, this will only be allowed for states in Phase 2 and 3 of the National Recovery Plan (NPR).
States in Phase 2:
States in Phase 3:
Dine-in SOPs for fully vaccinated individuals in Malaysia
- Only for those living in states under Phase 2 and 3 of the National Recovery Plan
- Must present proof of Digital COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Fulfilled 14 days after 2 doses of AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Sinovac; or
- Fulfilled 28 days after 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson
- Fully-vaccinated parents are allowed to bring their children (under 17 years) for dine-in and they will have to follow strict standard standard operating procedures.
Fully-vaccinated individuals will also be allowed to same state holidays, inter-district travel and certain sports activities. The same condition applies in that only those in states in Phase 2 and above are entitled to these privileges.
Following this announcement, Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin has also advised the public to dine in only when necessary and ordering takeout as much as possible. As for the food and beverage operators, they are encouraged to have more outdoor space with good ventilation for dine-in customers.
While we wait for more updates and details regarding this recent news, let's continue to stay safe and play our part in reaching herd immunity in Malaysia! ?