[Updated on 1 June 2021]
Malaysians are going through some tough times during the COVID-19 pandemic. While we're staying home and practising social distancing, you might be wondering where to take a COVID-19 test in Perak? If you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or planning to take a COVID-19 test for work or travel purposes, here's where you should go.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory infection that has been declared as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by the World Health Organisation (WHO). According to Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia
(Ministry of Health Malaysia), these are the common symptoms of COVID-19.
- Dry cough
- Aches and pains
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Can I visit any hospital if I'm showing symptoms of COVID-19?
According to Malay Mail
, you need to be classified as a case before you can take a COVID-19 test in a screening hospital in Perak. You need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Sporadic case: A patient who tested positive for COVID-19 but has not travelled to any foreign country nor in close contact with a COVID-19 patient within 14 days before the start of the illness.
- PUI (Patient Under Investigation): A patient with acute respiratory infection (shortness of breath, cough or sore throat)with or without fever. This patient also travelled to a foreign country, in close contact with a COVID-19 patient or attended an event associated with a known COVID-19 outbreak within 14 days before the start of the illness
- Contact: A patient who is a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 patient
If you're not classified as a 'case' but would like to undergo a COVID-19 screening for work, travel or other purposes, we've also listed some options for you.
Where can I take a COVID-19 test in Perak?
A) If you're classified as a 'case' and need to undergo a COVID-19 screening
Credit: Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia on Facebook
In February 2020, the Ministry of Health Malaysia released a list of designated hospitals that are tasked for COVID-19 screenings and managing patients with COVID-19. If you're living outside of Perak, you can refer to the full list here
Do note that you need to be classified as a 'case' (a sporadic case, PUI or contact) before visiting the following hospitals.
Screening hospitals in Perak
Admitting hospital in Perak (for PUI and confirmed COVID-19 cases)
- Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun, Ipoh
- Hospital Taiping
- Hospital Teluk Intan
- Hospital Seri Manjung
- Hospital Slim River
- Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun, Ipoh
B) If you're not classified as a 'case' but want to undergo a COVID-19 screening
If you're not showing any symptoms of COVID-19 but are required to take a COVID-19 test in Perak
for work, travel and other purposes, you can reach out to the private medical providers. On 28 May 2021, the Ministry of Health Malaysia released a list of private clinics and hospitals that are authorised to perform COVID-19 screenings. If you're living outside of Perak, click here for a full list ofregistered private clinics and hospitals in Perak
: The following list was last updated on 28 May 2021
by the Ministry of Health Malaysia. Since the list is updated from time to time, we recommend checking their website
in advance before your visit.
Private clinics for COVID-19 tests in Perak
Private hospitals for COVID-19 tests in Perak
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Kota
- Klinik Safiya (Cawangan Kemunting), Jalan Kamunting
- U Care Klinik, Jalan Wawasan 1
- Klinik Manalan, Jalan Kuala Kangsar
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Wawasan 1
- Poliklinik Prushothaman, Persiaran Muhibbah Jaya 1
- Meru Clinic, Jalan Jelapang 2
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Kranji
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Lumut
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Besar
- Klinik Raju, Laluan Tawas Damai
- Klinik PMC Sdn Bhd Cawangan Silibin, Jalan Silibin
- Klinik Langkap Medicina, Lorong Intan 1
- Mediklinik Menglembu, Jalan Pike
- Poliklinik Chong, Jalan Bercham
- Poliklinik Samudera, Taman Sitiawan Maju 2
- Qualitas Health Klinik Rama, Jalan Balai
- Klinik P.M.C. (Prime Medical Centre), Jalan Balai
- ASPMedical Centre, Jalan Perusahaan 3
- Klinik Mediklinik Menglembu (Kampar) 18 Jam, Jalan Batu Karang
- Klinik MyCare, Lebuh Bercham Selatan
- Saw Medical Centre, Jalan Bercham
- Klinik Lagenda, Lorong Lagenda 8
- Klinik Tin City, Jalan Pusat Perniagaan Falim 2
- Klinik Polycare 24 Jam, Lorong Ria
- Klinik Mediwave, Jalan Jelapang Square
- Klinik Jerry, Persiaran Sengat Baru 2
- Klinik Mediwave Lahat, Lahat Mines Resort
- Klinik Dr Fariza, Jalan Wawasan Dagang 1
- Klinik Pantai Medic, Jalan Besar Pantai Remis
- Mediclinic Sinaran, Taman Sejati 2
- Klinik Anda 24 Jam, Jalan Mahsuri
- Klink Tweedie, Jalan Ipoh
- Klinik PMC Sdn Bhd, Jalan Tun Sambathan
- Klinik PMC Sdn Bhd Cawangan Kampar, Laluan Batu Sinar 2
- Klinik PMC Sdn Bhd Cawangan Batu Gajah, Jalan Kemajuan
- Klinik Keluargaku, Fasa 1C1
- Klinik Medijaya, Medan Stesen 19/9
- Click here for a full list of registered private clinics for COVID-19 tests in Perak.
- KPJ Ipoh Specialist Hospital, Jalan Raja Dihilir
- Taiping Medical Centre, Jalan Medan Taiping 2
- Pantai Hospital Manjung, Pusat Perniagaan Manjung Point
- KPJ Sri Manjung Specialist Hospital, Jalan Lumut
- Pantai Hospital Ipoh, Jalan Tambun
- Columbia Asia Hospital - Taiping, Jalan Perwisa
- Anson Bay Medical Centre, Jalan Maharajalela
- Perak Community Specialist Hospital, Jalan Raja PermaisuriBainun
- Pusat Perubatan Ar-Ridzuan, Greentown Suria
While we're doing our part by staying home and practising social distancing, we hope this list of places to get a COVID-19 test in Perak will be helpful to those who need them. For more ways to stay safe during the pandemic, check out our recommended reads below.