[Updated on 1 June 2021]
Malaysians are going through some tough times during the COVID-19 pandemic. While we're staying home and practising social distancing, you might be wondering where to take a COVID-19 test in Perak? If you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or planning to take a COVID-19 test for work or travel purposes, here's where you should go.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory infection that has been declared as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by the World Health Organisation (WHO). According to Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia (Ministry of Health Malaysia), these are the common symptoms of COVID-19.
- Dry cough
- Aches and pains
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Can I visit any hospital if I'm showing symptoms of COVID-19?
According to Malay Mail, you need to be classified as a case before you can take a COVID-19 test in a screening hospital in Perak. You need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Sporadic case: A patient who tested positive for COVID-19 but has not travelled to any foreign country nor in close contact with a COVID-19 patient within 14 days before the start of the illness.
- PUI (Patient Under Investigation): A patient with acute respiratory infection (shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) with or without fever. This patient also travelled to a foreign country, in close contact with a COVID-19 patient or attended an event associated with a known COVID-19 outbreak within 14 days before the start of the illness
- Contact: A patient who is a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 patient
If you're not classified as a 'case' but would like to undergo a COVID-19 screening for work, travel or other purposes, we've also listed some options for you.
Where can I take a COVID-19 test in Perak?
A) If you're classified as a 'case' and need to undergo a COVID-19 screening
In February 2020, the Ministry of Health Malaysia released a list of designated hospitals that are tasked for COVID-19 screenings and managing patients with COVID-19. If you're living outside of Perak, you can refer to the full list here.
Do note that you need to be classified as a 'case' (a sporadic case, PUI or contact) before visiting the following hospitals.
Screening hospitals in Perak
- Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun, Ipoh
- Hospital Taiping
- Hospital Teluk Intan
- Hospital Seri Manjung
- Hospital Slim River
Admitting hospital in Perak (for PUI and confirmed COVID-19 cases)
- Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun, Ipoh
B) If you're not classified as a 'case' but want to undergo a COVID-19 screening
Private clinics for COVID-19 tests in Perak
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Kota
- Klinik Safiya (Cawangan Kemunting), Jalan Kamunting
- U Care Klinik, Jalan Wawasan 1
- Klinik Manalan, Jalan Kuala Kangsar
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Wawasan 1
- Poliklinik Prushothaman, Persiaran Muhibbah Jaya 1
- Meru Clinic, Jalan Jelapang 2
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Kranji
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Lumut
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Besar
- Klinik Raju, Laluan Tawas Damai
- Klinik PMC Sdn Bhd Cawangan Silibin, Jalan Silibin
- Klinik Langkap Medicina, Lorong Intan 1
- Mediklinik Menglembu, Jalan Pike
- Poliklinik Chong, Jalan Bercham
- Poliklinik Samudera, Taman Sitiawan Maju 2
- Qualitas Health Klinik Rama, Jalan Balai
- Klinik P.M.C. (Prime Medical Centre), Jalan Balai
- ASP Medical Centre, Jalan Perusahaan 3
- Klinik Mediklinik Menglembu (Kampar) 18 Jam, Jalan Batu Karang
- Klinik MyCare, Lebuh Bercham Selatan
- Saw Medical Centre, Jalan Bercham
- Klinik Lagenda, Lorong Lagenda 8
- Klinik Tin City, Jalan Pusat Perniagaan Falim 2
- Klinik Polycare 24 Jam, Lorong Ria
- Klinik Mediwave, Jalan Jelapang Square
- Klinik Jerry, Persiaran Sengat Baru 2
- Klinik Mediwave Lahat, Lahat Mines Resort
- Klinik Dr Fariza, Jalan Wawasan Dagang 1
- Klinik Pantai Medic, Jalan Besar Pantai Remis
- Mediclinic Sinaran, Taman Sejati 2
- Klinik Anda 24 Jam, Jalan Mahsuri
- Klink Tweedie, Jalan Ipoh
- Klinik PMC Sdn Bhd, Jalan Tun Sambathan
- Klinik PMC Sdn Bhd Cawangan Kampar, Laluan Batu Sinar 2
- Klinik PMC Sdn Bhd Cawangan Batu Gajah, Jalan Kemajuan
- Klinik Keluargaku, Fasa 1C1
- Klinik Medijaya, Medan Stesen 19/9
- Click here for a full list of registered private clinics for COVID-19 tests in Perak.
Private hospitals for COVID-19 tests in Perak
- KPJ Ipoh Specialist Hospital, Jalan Raja Dihilir
- Taiping Medical Centre, Jalan Medan Taiping 2
- Pantai Hospital Manjung, Pusat Perniagaan Manjung Point
- KPJ Sri Manjung Specialist Hospital, Jalan Lumut
- Pantai Hospital Ipoh, Jalan Tambun
- Columbia Asia Hospital - Taiping, Jalan Perwisa
- Anson Bay Medical Centre, Jalan Maharajalela
- Perak Community Specialist Hospital, Jalan Raja Permaisuri Bainun
- Pusat Perubatan Ar-Ridzuan, Greentown Suria
While we're doing our part by staying home and practising social distancing, we hope this list of places to get a COVID-19 test in Perak will be helpful to those who need them. For more ways to stay safe during the pandemic, check out our recommended reads below.