[Updated on 1 June 2021]
Malaysians are going through some tough times during the COVID-19 pandemic. While we're staying home and practising social distancing, you might be wondering where to take a COVID-19 test in Melaka? If you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or planning to take a COVID-19 test for work or travel purposes, here's where you should go.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory infection that has been declared as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by the World Health Organisation (WHO). According to Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia (Ministry of Health Malaysia), these are the common symptoms of COVID-19.
- Dry cough
- Aches and pains
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Can I visit any hospital if I'm showing symptoms of COVID-19?
According to Malay Mail, you need to be classified as a case before you can take a COVID-19 test in a screening hospital in Melaka. You need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Sporadic case: A patient who tested positive for COVID-19 but has not travelled to any foreign country nor in close contact with a COVID-19 patient within 14 days before the start of the illness.
- PUI (Patient Under Investigation): A patient with an acute respiratory infection (shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) with or without fever. This patient also travelled to a foreign country, in close contact with a COVID-19 patient or attended an event associated with a known COVID-19 outbreak within 14 days before the start of the illness
- Contact: A patient who is a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 patient
If you're not classified as a 'case' but would like to undergo a COVID-19 screening for work, travel or other purposes, we've also listed some options for you.
Where can I take a COVID-19 test in Melaka?
A) If you're classified as a 'case' and need to undergo a COVID-19 screening
In February 2020, the Ministry of Health Malaysia released a list of designated hospitals that are tasked for COVID-19 screenings and managing patients with COVID-19. If you're living outside of Melaka, you can refer to the full list here.
Do note that you need to be classified as a 'case' (a sporadic case, PUI or contact) before visiting the following hospitals.
Screening hospitals in Melaka
- Hospital Melaka
- Hospital Alor Gajah
- Hospital Jasin
Admitting hospitals in Melaka (for PUI and confirmed COVID-19 cases)
- Hospital Melaka
B) If you're not classified as a 'case' but want to undergo a COVID-19 screening
If you're not showing any symptoms of COVID-19 but are required to take a COVID-19 test in Melaka for work, travel and other purposes, you can reach out to the private medical providers. On 28 May 2021, the Ministry of Health Malaysia released a list of private clinics and hospitals that are authorised to perform COVID-19 screenings. If you're living outside of Melaka, click here for a full list of registered clinics and hospitals for COVID-19 tests in Malaysia.
Note: The following list was last updated on 28 May 2021 by the Ministry of Health Malaysia. Since the list is updated from time to time, we recommend checking their website in advance before your visit.
Private clinics for COVID-19 tests in Melaka
- Klinik TTMC Ayer Keroh, Jalan PKCAK 1
- Megaklinik Zahran, Jalan Lagenda 2
- Klinik Amal Dan Surgeri Sdn Bhd, Pusat Niaga Bukit Katil
- Klinik 1 Krubong, Jalan Satu Krubong
- Klinik Melaka, Jalan Inang 2
- Klink Bukit Katil 24 Jam, Jalan Kompleks Niaga Merak Mas
- Poliklinik Hidayah, Jalan Satu Krubong
- Klinik Keluarga One Medic (Cawangan Alor Gajah), Taman Jaya
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Merdeka
- Poliklinik Fasya, Pangsapuri Bukit Beruang
- Poliklinik Wahidah, Jalan KC 1
- ASP Medical Clinic Sdn Bhd, Infineon Technologies (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
- Poliklinik Bukit Katil, Jalan Saujana 2/2
- Klinik 1 Krubong, Jalan 1 Krubong
- Klinik Union Medic (Alor Gajah), Jalan Perniagaan Jelatang
- Klinik Naharajan, Pusat Bandar Baru Jasin III
- Klinik Bukit Beruang, Taman Bukit Melaka
- Klinik Keluarga One Medic (Cawangan Tangga Batu), Jalan Lembing 1
- Poliklinik As Shifaa 24 Jam, Jalan Kerambit 1
- Poliklinik Bandar, Jalan Banda Kaba
- Klinik Saujana, Jalan Saujana 2/2
- Klinik Vista, Lorong Idaman 1
- Klinik Keluarga One Medic, Jalan Bukit Beruang Utama 2
- Klinik Keluarga One Medic (Cawangan Jasin), Bandar Baru Jasin 3
- Klinik Putra Sdn Bhd, Composites Technology Research Malaysia (CTRM)
- Klinik Melaka, Jalan Mutiara Melaka 2
- Qualitas Health Klinik Mano, Jalan Tun Perak (Bachang)
- Klinik Dr Jeggan Sdn Bhd, Lorong Desa 2
- Klinik Keluarga One Medic (Cawangan Bachang), Rumah Pangsa Bacang Permai
- Klinik Nurussyifa' Perubatan Dan Surgeri, Jalan Sri Krubong 6
- Klinik Keluarga One Medic (Cawangan Duyong), Taman Duyong Bestari
- Klinik Sunita Sdn Bhd, Jalan Komersial Takh 3
- Klink Mediviron Malim Jaya, Blok Anggerik 1
- MED Health Clinic And Surgery, Taman Limbongan Jaya
- Klinik Caring, Jalan MP 1
- Klinik Dr Faiq, Jalan Kejora 2A
- Klinik Jasin Bestari, Jalan Bunga Raya
- Poliklinik Al-Amin, Jalan Perniagaan Jelatang
- Klinik Aafiyah, Jalan Jati 2
- Click here for a full list of registered clinics for COVID-19 tests in Melaka.
Private hospitals for COVID-19 tests in Melaka
- Pantai Hospital Ayer Keroh, Lebuh Ayer Keroh
- Putra Specialist Hospital (Melaka) Sdn Bhd, Jalan Bendahara
- Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre, Pusat Perubatan Klebang
- Mahkota Medical Centre Sdn Bhd, Mahkota Melaka
While we're doing our part by staying home and practising social distancing, we hope this list of places to get a COVID-19 test in Melaka will be helpful to those who need them. For more ways to stay safe during the pandemic, check out our recommended reads below.
- COVID-19: 9 Hygiene Tips To Practice When Visiting Shopping Malls
- 9 Ways To Stay Safe On A Road Trip During COVID-19
- 8 Best Hand Sanitisers For Every Traveller