[Updated on 2 June 2021]
Malaysians are going through some tough times during the COVID-19 pandemic. While we're staying home and practising social distancing, you might be wondering where to take a COVID-19 test in Labuan? If you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or planning to take a COVID-19 test for work or travel purposes, here's where you should go.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory infection that has been declared as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by the World Health Organisation (WHO). According to Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia
(Ministry of Health Malaysia), these are the common symptoms of COVID-19.
Common symptomsOther symptoms
- Aches and pains
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Can I visit any hospital if I'm showing symptoms of COVID-19?
According to Malay Mail
, you need to be classified as a case before you can take a COVID-19 test in a screening hospital in Labuan. You need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Sporadic case: A patient who tested positive for COVID-19 but has not travelled to any foreign country nor in close contact with a COVID-19 patient within 14 days before the start of the illness.
- PUI (Patient Under Investigation): A patient with an acute respiratory infection (shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) with or without fever. This patient also travelled to a foreign country, in close contact with a COVID-19 patient or attended an event associated with a known COVID-19 outbreak within 14 days before the start of the illness
- Contact: A patient who is a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 patient
If you're not classified as a 'case' but would like to undergo a COVID-19 screening for work, travel or other purposes, we've also listed some options for you.
Where can I take a COVID-19 test in Labuan?
A) If you're classified as a 'case' and need to undergo a COVID-19 screeningCredit: Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia on Facebook
In February 2020, the Ministry of Health Malaysia released a list of designated hospitals that are tasked for COVID-19 screenings and managing patients with COVID-19. If you're living outside of Labuan, you can refer to the full list here
Do note that you need to be classified as a 'case' (a sporadic case, PUI or contact) before visiting the following hospitals.
Screening hospital in LabuanAdmitting hospital in Labuan (for PUI and confirmed COVID-19 cases)
B) If you're not classified as a 'case' but want to undergo a COVID-19 screening
If you're not showing any symptoms of COVID-19 but are required to take a COVID-19 test in Labuan for work, travel and other purposes, you can reach out to the private medical providers. On 28 May 2021, the Ministry of Health Malaysia released a list of private clinics and hospitals that are authorised to perform COVID-19 screenings. If you're living outside of Labuan, click here for a full list of registered private clinics and hospitals for COVID-19 tests in Malaysia
: The following list was last updated on 28 May 2021
by the Ministry of Health Malaysia. Since the list is updated from time to time, we recommend checking their website
in advance before your visit.
Private clinics for COVID-19 tests in Labuan
As of 28 May 2021, there are no registered private clinics and hospitals for COVID-19 tests in Labuan. While the following private clinics provide COVID-19 tests, self-declaration from these clinics are no longer valid starting from 24 February 2021, according to the Ministry of Health Malaysia
- Family Care Clinic Labuan, Jati Commercial Shophouse
- Klinik Millenium, Jati Shophouse
- Klinik Wong & Ung Sdn Bhd, Jalan Bunga Anggerik
- Klinik Dr Tan Labuan, Jati Commercial Shophouse
While we're doing our part by staying home and practising social distancing, we hope this list of places to get a COVID-19 test in Labuan will be helpful to those who need them. For more ways to stay safe during the pandemic, check out our recommended reads below.