Safe distancing and hygiene tips in Singapore
- Travel in smaller groups and maintain at least a 1-metre distance from other groups while you’re out and about. The maximum number of people allowed in social gatherings in Singapore is currently 8 people. Do check for latest updates as this might change in future.
- Pre-book your attraction tickets and make reservations for eateries if possible. Due to safe distancing measures, attractions and eateries in Singapore are operating at a limited capacity so do book in advance so you won’t have to wait in line.
- Wear a mask at all times when you’re in public and ensure that it is covering your mouth and nose. You may remove your mask only when eating or drinking but remember to put it back on immediately after you’re done.
- Travelling with kids in future? Children under 6 years of age are not required to wear a mask. Children 12 years and below are allowed to wear a face shield in place of a mask if they have difficulty keeping a face mask on for prolonged periods of time.
- Download and activate the TraceTogether app when you’re out and about. Switch it on when you leave your accommodation as this will help with contact tracing if you come into contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case. The app is similar to the tracing app in Malaysia - you can just leave it on in the background of your phone!
- Scan the SafeEntry QR codes at attractions, eateries, and MRT stations to enable contact tracing. Compared to the tracing app in Malaysia, there’s one extra step - you’ll need to check-out when you leave!
- Look out for the SG Clean mark at attractions, eateries and accommodations. The mark certifies that they have met the stringent standards for hygiene and cleanliness, including increased cleaning frequency, enforcement of safe distancing measures, and use of contactless entry methods.