Most people think that Hong Kong is just like Singapore – all about shopping, but we beg to differ! If you’re planning a short weekend getaway, Hong Kong’s the perfect destination. Not sure where to go or what to eat? We’ve got you covered with our ultimate 4D3N itinerary to conquer this vibrant city😉
#HHWT Tip: Remember to add all your Klook activities to your cart before checking out to redeem your awesome discount!
Travelling from Hong Kong International Airport
- The fastest way to get to the city is by the Airport Express train😃
- We got the Airport Express & MTR Travel Pass on Klook as we knew we would be travelling around by MTR.
- We loved how we didn’t have to queue to get our Airport Express tickets at the airport. Simply exchange your passes at the customer service counter when you reach the station!
- The best part of purchasing in advance on Klook? TheAirport Express tickets on Klook are the cheapest in town at HK$39 (even cheaper than purchasing from the Airport Express counter itself)! So don’t forget to purchase your tickets before your trip.
- P.S. Don’t lose your Airport Express pass as you’ll need it for your ride back to the airport.
#HHWT Tip: Take the complimentary Airport Express shuttle bus to get to your hotel! The shuttle bus runs between Hong Kong or Kowloon stations, as well as major hotels and railway interchanges. As the bus didn’t stop at our hotel, we took it to the nearest stop and walked to our hotel🤗
Have your first taste of authentic, halal local food at Wai Kee
- Hong Kong is home to THE best roast duck rice we’ve ever tasted! The crispy roast duck skin will have you going back for seconds (and maybe thirds) 😋
#HHWT Tip: It might be a little confusing to navigate so we highly recommend renting a 3G WiFi device on Klook to find your way around easily! Plus, you can pick it up when you touch down at Hong Kong Airport.
Getting around by MTR
- Collect your Tourist Day Pass Voucher at counter A13 in the arrivals areas of Hong Kong Airport and exchange your vouchers for the passes at any MTR customer service counter.
- Alternatively, if you foresee yourself taking different modes of public transport (trams, MTR, buses, ferries), get the Tourist Octopus on Klook (pre-loaded with HK$50).
- Not only does this pretty card make a memorable souvenir, but you can also use it on dining, shopping and entertainment too!
Take in the sights and scents of Flower Market at Prince Edward
- If you love cut flowers, potted plants, or any other types of flowers just like us, you’ll definitely find something to your liking here!
Have a shopping break at MOKO shopping mall
- With a huge range of brands to choose from, we were absolutely spoilt for choice. Plus, this mall has direct access to the Mong Kok East MTR station, which is really convenient!
Shop away at Sneaker Street (Fa Yuen Street)
- Hop over to Fa Yuen Street, which is just a 6-minute walk away from MOKO. This is where everybody in Hong Kong goes to get their pair of kicks!
Feast your eyes at the Symphony of Lights show in Victoria Harbour
Credit: Justin Chan on Flickr
Enjoy the gorgeous view of Hong Kong’s skyline at night from the heart of the city! You can also choose to go on a cruise on a traditional Chinese junk boats and watch the city’s skyline illuminate at night✨
#HHWT Tip: Board at Tsim Sha Tsui so that you can get first dibs on the best seats and enjoy the full hour cruise!
Grab dinner at Al-Maidah restaurant in Tsim Sha Tsui
Credit: Faranas SJ on Facebook
- Fill your tummies with the Arabian rice at Al-Maidah restaurant, or if you’d like to grab a quick dinner, get the chicken kebab for takeaway😋
Have a magical day at Hong Kong Disneyland!
#HHWT Tip: Can’t fill up your cart to $450 on Klook? Use our first-timer’s promo code TRAVELHHWT to get $5 off your first booking!
- No trip to Hong Kong is complete without a visit to Disneyland. As we didn’t want to queue for tickets, we decided to skip the queues and got our tickets in advance on Klook!
- All you have to do is scan the barcode on the paperless e-ticket when you enter the park. If you prefer to keep the physical ticket, you can simply exchange the e-ticket at the AutoMagic Tickets machine!
#HHWT Tip: Download the Klook app so it’s easier to keep all your bookings in one place😉
- Watch exotic artefacts from around the world come to life at Mystic Manor (one of the best Disney rides ever!), or get your adrenaline pumping at Grizzly Gulch aboard a speeding mine train!
- P.S. These rides are unique to Hong Kong Disneyland so don’t miss out on them😉
- Experience Hong Kong Disneyland’s newest ride and also THE first ever Marvel themed ride to be featured at a Disney park – Iron Man Experience!
- The force is strong in Hong Kong Disneyland with Star Wars: Tomorrowland Takeover! From Hyperspace Mountain, Star Wars: Command Post to Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple to meeting our favourite Wookie warrior, Chewbacca, Tomorrowland will be a dream come true for any Star Wars fan!
#HHWT Tip: Book your tickets in advance on Klook and don’t forget to use our promo code TRAVELHHWT to enjoy S$5 off your first booking!
Replenish your energy at Explorer’s Club Restaurant (Halal-certified)
- From Korean to Indonesian food, Explorer’s Club Restaurant offers a huge variety of cuisine to fuel up after hours of fun!
Perform your prayers at Disneyland
- There’s no need to rush back to your hotel to perform your prayers as Disneyland has a dedicated prayer space for Muslims! Located just next to Explorer’s Club restaurant, it’s also equipped with excellent wudhu facilities😃
- Don’t miss out on parades where you’ll get to see all your favourite characters in the flesh!
- Watch the fireworks illuminate the skies to end the wonderful night!
- P.S. Here’s 11 insider tips for the most epic trip to Hong Kong Disneyland✨
Enjoy authentic halal dim sum at Islamic Centre Canteen
- You haven’t been to Hong Kong if you haven’t tried the local delicacies! Indulge in the spread at Islamic Centre Canteen with scrumptious bites such as Siu Mai (烧卖), Har Gow (虾饺) and Steamed Glutinous Rice with Chicken in Lotus Leaf (糯米珍珠鸡)
- Don’t forget to order a cup of Hong Kong milk tea – it’s definitely unlike the ones you’ve had back home😌
Credit: @sabrinansrdn on Instagram
Discover the street art at Old Town Central
- With every corner bursting with unique street art, you can’t leave without snapping a selfie or two😊
#HHWT Tip: Embark on an exciting walking tour by booking the Central Street Art Walking Tour on Klook and explore the hidden corners this street has to offer!
- If you’d like to do some shopping, check out Police Married Quarters (PMQ) – a local creative hub featuring design studios, temporary exhibitions, shops and flea markets. From jewellery, accessories, fashion, furniture to kitchen accessories, PMQ definitely has something for everyone!
- Also located here is the Police Married Quarters (PMQ) which was transformed into a local creative hub, featuring design studios, shops and flea markets. It’s a must visit if you’d like to do some shopping for really hipster stuffs!
Take in the amazing view of the city from The Peak
- Night or day, you’ll find the best view of the city at The Peak! And of course, you have to ride the famous Peak Tram to get there.
#HHWT Tip: Beat the queue by booking the Peak Tram Fast-Track Combo on Klook. Meet your guide escort at Central Exit K and show your reservation to collect your tickets! From there, your guide will lead you to the Peak Tram station.
- It’s an experience of a lifetime riding the tram, which moves upwards on a 45-degree slope! Hold on tight if you don’t manage to get a seat.
#HHWT Tip: Beat the snaking queues by purchasing the Peak Tram Fast-Track Combo on Klook. From our personal experience (we visited during the peak period), the fast-track combo saved us a lot of time as we were in the priority line for the tram!
Meet your favourite celebrities at Madame Tussauds
- Strike a pose with Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee and even The Beatles (just to name a few)!
- Since we had the Peak Tram Fast-Track Combo, we already had our Madame Tussaud’s tickets so we didn’t have to queue for tickets. Definitely a lifesaver as our trip was really short and we didn’t want to waste any time!
Watch the sunset and night view Sky Terrace 428
- Enjoy the panoramic sunset view of the city and watch as the night slowly sweeps over😍
#HHWT tip: We recommend booking the 4.30pm or 5pm slot if you’d like to catch the sunset and nightfall.
Head back to Central and enjoy a heart dinner at Ebeneezer’s Kebab & Pizzeria
Credit: rissamananquil on Instagram
- Chicken tikka pizza, mutton briyani AND lamb kebabs? This place is every Indian food lover’s dream come true😍
Hop on the Tramoramic tour from Western Market Terminus to Causeway Bay
- Enjoy a great view of Hong Kong’s most popular sights from the open top upper deck on their iconic trams, aka Ding Ding (according to the locals)!
- During this 1 hour tour aboard a unique 1920s style tram, enjoy the stunning sight of the city’s bustling streets and modern skyscrapers😃
- You’ll also receive a Golden Ticket, which entitles you 2 days worth of unlimited access to Hong Kong Tramways’ network! Book your ticket on Klook in advance🤗
Enjoy a sumptuous lunch at Ma’s Restaurant
Credit: Gray Carper on Facebook
- A must-try on the menu is the beef goulash. Sink your teeth into this fried-to-perfection pastry, and taste the super juicy minced beef! The burst of hot, flavourful soup that comes with every bite will leave you wanting more😍
Head back to the airport
Credit: Clarence Chun on Facebook
- Head back to the airport with the Airport Express & MTR Travel Pass!
#HHWT tip: Check in at the Airport Express station to drop off your luggage (90mins up to one full day before your scheduled flight) so that you’ll be free to roam around without your luggage before flying off.
Have your last meal in Hong Kong at Popeyes’ (Yes, it’s halal-certified!)
Credit: florazz on Instagram
- Have your fill of succulent, crispy chicken with a side of fresh biscuits at the airport before heading home✈️
Head over to Disney Store for last minute shopping
Credit: hyejin_90_ on Instagram
- If you still have some Hong Kong dollars left in your pocket, drop by the Disney Store at Hong Kong International Airport and get a souvenir! From Disney t-shirts to character cups, there’s something for you to bring home and relive your memories🤗
4 days certainly isn’t enough to explore every single thing Hong Kong has to offer, but hey, all the more reason to head back right?😉 If you’re looking for the best deals on attraction entrance tickets, transportation passes and more, book them on Klook! Use our promo code TRAVELHHWT to enjoy S$5 off your first booking ☺️ The prices you see are all you have to pay and there’s no hidden costs. At all. So you can plan your budget in advance ☺️
Enjoy the amazing city of Hong Kong, everyone!
This article was brought to you by Klook.