Whenever we travel to Tokyo, it’s a MUST to drop by Gyumon for halal yakiniku. If you aren’t convinced, here are 10 reasons why you should!
P.S. Don’t forget to download the HHWT Travel Planner app, available on Google Play for Android and iTunes Store for iOS, to make your trip to Tokyo even easier! You can find attractions as well as halal food and prayer spaces near these attractions, so no worries on not being able to find halal food anymore!
1. Super authentic yakiniku experience. Request to be seated at the table where you can kick off your shoes, rest your feet as you enjoy your yakiniku – Japanese style.
Credit: Gyumon Facebook
2. Perfectly seasoned beef with a dash of salt and pepper. Sounds too simple? Wait till you try it.
3. Why choose when you can have them all? Get a serving of beef shoulder, beef round meat, beef rib loin, salad and a drink with Gyumon’s halal BBQ dinner set!
4. The right degree of marbling. Imagine tender, juicy beef that melts in your mouth. Now watch the fat melt…
5. You get to be the chef of the day and have fun BBQ-ing your own food. Plus, you can grill it to your own preference!
6. Gyumon is not just all about that beef! We decided to give Gyumon’s chicken meat a try during our last trip. Best decision ever. The meat was ridiculously tender. Not exaggerating.
7. Can’t decide? Make everyone order a different set so you can try everything 😛
8. Gyumon is just a short walk from Shibuya Station (AKA shopping paradise in Tokyo). The perfect place to enjoy a hearty meal after a full day of shopping!
9. You know that Gyumon is serious about their beef when they have a ‘Cow-tography 101’ chart.
10. It’s not easy to find authentic and delicious halal local food in the heart of Tokyo so trust us when we say we’ve found one of the best yakiniku in Tokyo. Time to visit Tokyo, perhaps? 🙂
Address: 3-14-5 Shibuya, Tokyo 150-0002, Japan
Take the south exit at Shibuya station across an overhead bridge. Gyumon is a ten minute walk away.
Opening Hours: 5pm to 11pm (Closed on Sundays)
Price: ¥3000 – ¥4000 for halal BBQ dinner set (not inclusive of 8% tax)
Don’t forget to download the HHWT Travel Planner available on both Google Play for Android and iTunes store before planning your trip to Asakusa! Our guides for Tokyo are also available on the app so you can easily access it and add these attractions to your itinerary 😉
If you’re looking for more halal Japanese restaurants, do check out our guide on 17 Halal Japanese Eateries In Tokyo You Absolutely Have To Try! Don’t forget to share this post with your family and friends! 🙂