1. SHUCKED Oyster BarsShucked Oyster Bar is undoubtedly the most popular place to get fresh oysters in Kuala Lumpur. You can enjoy a huge selection of fresh and frozen oysters and savour signature seafood dishes such as delicious fresh and smoked oysters, fish, mussels, prawns, shrimps and more cooked on site. They’re known for importing premium oysters from all around the world, so you’ll be sure to get the best here! The best part is that they have outlets in five shopping malls around Kuala Lumpur so you get to pick one that’s more convenient for you.Halal status: The establishment serves alcohol. We advise you to dine at your own discretion.Address:SHUCKED Publika (BIG Supermarket)SHUCKED Gardens Mall (3rd Floor)SHUCKED M City (Village Grocer)SHUCKED IPC Shopping Centre (BIG Supermarket)SHUCKED DC Mall (BIG Supermarket)
2. Just SeafoodThis casual seafood restaurant in Sunway Giza may not specialise in oysters, but it’s one of the best places where you can find fresh oysters. Their Extra Large live USA Oyster (which is the size of a palm) is air-flown with its shell still encased which allows customers to enjoy the flavours and freshness of the oyster at its fullest. They also serve ample fresh seafood including crabs and lobsters so you’ll definitely be satisfied after dining here!Halal status: Muslim-ownedAddress: A-9-G, No. 2 Jalan PJU5/14 PJU5, Dataran Sunway, 47810 Petaling JayaOpening hours: 12 noon to 10.30 pm (Friday – Saturday), 12 noon to 10.15 pm (Sunday – Thursday)
3. Southern Rock SeafoodEstablished in 2008, Southern Rock Seafood has experience in importing and distributing live and fresh seafood from all over the world. It’s a real gem in Bangsar for oyster lovers! You can choose oysters from France, Holland, Australia and New Zealand. Their Oyster Guide is perfect for beginners as it includes tutorials on tasting, shucking and selection. You can also buy seafood and oysters to bring home and cook in the comfort of your own kitchen.Halal status: The establishment serves alcohol. We advise you to dine at your own discretion.Address: 32, Jalan Kemuja, Bangsar, 59000 Kuala LumpurOpening hours: 11 am - 10 pm (Monday – Thursday), 11 am -11 pm (Friday – Sunday)
4. Lemon Garden at Shangri-La Hotel Kuala LumpurLooking to eat bottomless oysters? Lemon Garden at Shangri-La has it. It’s the only restaurant in this list that offers ample offerings of fresh seafood including raw oysters served fresh with lemon. The freshly shucked oysters are shipped in daily from the United States. Other than that, there are Chinese cuisine, Western as well as local delicacies.Halal status: The establishment serves alcohol. We advise you to dine at your own discretion.Address: Lobby Level, 11, Jln Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala LumpurOpening hours: 6 am to 10 pm (Daily)
5. BAIT Bistro and Oyster BarAnother oyster spot in Bangsar is BAIT Bistro and Oyster Bar. The restaurant is best known for its fresh oysters from France, Australia and Ireland. If you love raw oysters, opt for their bucketful of oysters and if you’re dining with a group, the Oyster Tower is perfect as it also has other seafood including lobster, prawns and more!Halal status: The establishment serves alcohol. We advise you to dine at your own discretion.Address: 65, Jln Telawi 3, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala LumpurOpening hours: 11 am to 12 am (Monday – Friday), 10 am to 12 am (Saturday – Sunday)
6. EatomoEatomo is well known for its large selection of seafood dishes in its menu. It provides a wide range of seafood meals such as poke bowls rice bowls, sashimi and more. You can get fresh oysters (imported from France!) exclusive at their Bangsar and Taman Desa. There’s limited quantity though, so be sure to check out their Instagram page for updates! While you’re there, the Virgin Bloody Mary Oyster Shooter is a must-try!Halal status: Halal ingredients.Address: 11-1-1 Jalan 3/109F, Taman Danau Desa, Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaOpening hours: 11.30 am - 10 pm (Daily)If you’re a beginner at this delectable seafood, don’t worry! Follow these simple tips to eat oysters like a pro:
- Chewing is recommended. All of the oyster’s sweetness is in the meat, so don't rush through the experience.
- Just a few drops of lemon can boost the brightness of an oyster without overwhelming its naturally delicious flavours.
- Don’t pour out the ‘oyster liquor’! The liquid in the shell is full of briny flavour and it’ll complement the flavours of the oyster.
- If you’re eating raw oysters, make sure it’s fresh! Healthy oyster meat is "a creamy white to grey colour." Contaminated oysters tend to be grey, brown, black or pink in colour.
- 8 Halal Seafood Restaurants In KL & Selangor For That Perfect Treat
- 10 Halal Restaurants In KL For An Amazing Birthday Celebration
- #HHWTBest2021: 7 Muslim-Friendly & Halal Romantic Restaurants In KL Perfect For Couples
- 7 Halal Eateries In KL For A Romantic Meal With Your Loved One