You don't need a good reason to spend quality time together with your family! The best way to do it? Of course, through food! We rounded up some of the best halal restaurants in Kuala Lumpur to hold your family gathering!Check out these articles for things you can do and where to go with your family:
P.S. Our Hello Ramadan 2023 event is now LIVE! Head over for Ramadan recipes, a 30-day Ramadan journal, live shows & exciting lucky draw prizes!
Family-Friendly Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
1. Blonde Credit: Blonde on FacebookIf you are planning on a fancy weekend brunch with your friends and family, this chic restaurant located in the neighbourhood of Bukit Damansara will be the perfect location. Serving "fine comfort food" with a touch of Asian flavours, this progressive Australian cuisine, BLONDE, has been the talk of the town since it first launched in 2019. Indulge in their hand-crafted pizzas or try their coffee to start your day right. With a minimalistic design, the restaurant gives a relaxing and contemporary ambience. If you want to have an intimate gathering, they have a separate section for when you want to have a private gathering or celebration ?Halal status: The central kitchen is halal-certified by JAKIMAddress: G.03A, The Republik, Jalan Medan Setia 1, Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala LumpurContact: +603 20116070Website | Facebook | Instagram
2. PokokCredit: Pokok.kl on FacebookThis glasshouse-inspired restaurant will make quite the aesthetic venue for your celebration. Brimming with bright and natural light, giving you that perfect Insta-worthy photos. Want to make your celebration more special? You can ask them for a specially decorated table with balloons and flowers! But this place doesn’t just offer pretty settings for your background photos; their menu is what makes them considered one of Kuala Lumpur’s most popular spots for brunch. They provide a range of comfort food all day, whether for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even dinner. Serving Western and Asian cuisine, you can also find a modern twist on classic Malaysian cuisines such as Onde-Onde Cake or Apam Balik Cake! You definitely have to try their best sellers such as the Pan Seared Norwegian Salmon and Nasi Lemak Bomb! Sedap! ?Halal status: Uses halal-certified ingredients.Address: MAHSA Avenue, Block B, Jalan Elmu, off, Jalan Universiti, 59100 Kuala LumpurContact: +603 8408 1811Website | Facebook | InstagramP.S Check out other Muslim-friendly cafes in Kuala Lumpur for an Insta-worthy meal
3. Positano Risto
on Instagram Ranked as the number one Halal Italian restaurant in Kuala Lumpur, invite your friends and family to a night full of laughter while enjoying some fancy Italian cuisine. Positano Risto is a Muslim-owned Italian restaurant famous for its dishes like the Squid Ink Seafood Spaghetti or their Boston Lobster Fettucine. Named after the beautiful little beach town on southern Italy’s Amalfi Coast, Positano Risto, don’t miss out on their classic Italian dishes. For an appetiser, try their Arancini Balls stuffed with melted mozzarella. As for the main course, you can indulge in their freshly baked Lasagna, traditional layered pasta complete with homemade beef ragu sauce, served with bechamel sauce and mixed salad.Halal status: Muslim-ownedAddress: Block C1, Lot 2, Level G3, Publika Shopping Gallery, Solaris Dutamas, No. 1, Jalan Dutamas 1, 50480 Kuala LumpurContact: +603 6411 3799 / +6010-400 6944 (WhatsApp)Website | Facebook | InstagramP.S. If you're feeling Italian, check out these Muslim-friendly Italian restaurants in Kuala Lumpur!
4. Seoul Garden & Seoul Garden Hot PotCredit: Seoul Garden on FacebookWarm your hearts with the presence of your beloved friends and family while enjoying a delicious hearty meal. Seoul Garden serves up Korean cuisine in an all-you-can-eat buffet style. Like any traditional Korean BBQ restaurant, each table has a stovetop grill for your hot pot and grilled meat. For starters, you can pick your own soup base of either Thai tom yam, kimchi jjigae, ginseng chicken or super kimchi soup. Their buffet aisle is filled with an endless array of food from marinated meats, sushi, seafood, vegetables, plenty of sided dishes, and desserts to complete your meal. Halal status: Several outlets of Seoul Garden located in AEON Mall Nilai, AEON Mall Shah Alam, Berjaya Mega Mall, Paradigm Mall KL, and several others are all Halal-certified. You can check the list of halal status on each outlet through their official website. For those still pending certification, we clarified that all ingredients, including meats and sauces, are sourced from halal-certified suppliers, and no alcohol is sold or used in the preparation and cooking of its food.Address: Click here for a complete list of outlets and their opening hoursWebsite | Facebook | Instagram
5. Flora Terrace at Hampshire Place
Thinking of a more romantic celebration? This restaurant located at Hampshire Place will take you to the world like a fairy-tale. Decored with florals and glittery fixtures hanging gracefully from the ceiling, the place is suitable for a birthday or surprise romantic celebration. Serving up Western cuisine with an Asian twist, you can try one of their popular menus, such as Honey Glazed Salmon or their Grilles Lamb Chop. Don’t forget to complete your dining experience with their delicious desserts selection; choose their creme brulee or chocolate fondant that will close your night on a sweet note. Halal status: Muslim-ownedAddress: 157, Persiaran Hampshire, Hampshire Park, 50450 Kuala LumpurContact: +6019-223 3115 / +6012-463 6824 / +603-2181 0872Facebook | InstagramP.S Check out these 5 Halal Restaurants in KL & Selangor for an intimate wedding!
6. Jibby by the Park Credit: @liyennteo on InstagramThis garden-themed restaurant will take you to a dining experience far away from the bustling city without having to go out of town! Located at The Waterfront at Desa ark City, Jibby By The Park is a garden-themed restaurant where you get to enjoy nature and delicious food altogether! The outdoor area is equally charming with their indoor settings, with plenty of natural light makes this place the perfect spot for that insta-worthy get together with your friends and family photos. Serving both Western and Asian cuisine, you can enjoy mouth-watering menus like the Australian Beef Sticky Ribs or try their Ayam Bakar Madu. Don't forget to end your meal with their famous dessert, the Jibby by The Park Berry Pavlova Ice Cream will surely complete your day!Halal status: The central kitchen is halal-certified by JAKIMAddress: FF-18 & FF-19, First Floor, The [email protected], No 5, Persiaran Residen, Desa ParkCity, 52200 Kuala Lumpur Contact: +603-6263 1303Website | Facebook | Instagram
Credit: @surprise.byhaider for Instagram
This restaurant situated at the end of Bukit Lanjan is famous for couples and romantic celebrations. Surrounded by nature, Subak will give you a memorable night with your friend and family. Set up a special decor for your celebration; you can ask the staff to decorate your table with rose petals, balloons and fairy lights; that combined with the ambience the restaurant gives, will be the perfect setting to share a warm meal with your loved ones. Halal status: Muslim-ownedAddress: Lot 3213, Jalan Penchala Indah, Bukit Lanjan, 60000 Kuala LumpurContact: +603-7729 9030/31 or +60 019 798 1465Website | Facebook | InstagramP.S Need a more romantic Muslim-friendly restaurant in Kuala Lumpur? Check out this article
8. Makan Kitchen at DoubleTree by Hilton HotelCredit: @doubletreekl on InstagramIf you plan for a more festive celebration, head to the Hilton Hotel and go on a fancy celebratory dinner at Makan Kitchen. With its rich buffets and live stations, this restaurant will bring you on a culinary journey full of Western and Asian cuisine along with some authentic Malay cuisine. The restaurant's several cooking stations feature iconic specialities from Malaysian, Peranakan, Chinese, and Indian cooking traditions, giving the area's local cuisine an authentic flavour. You will also get to try some modern take on traditional Malaysian cuisine such as Roasted lamb with Malay spiced, or try out their Wok-Fried Kam Heong Crab. Halal status: Halal-certifiedAddress: Level 11, The Intermark, 348, Jalan Tun Razak, Kampung Datuk Keramat, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaContact: +603 2172 7272Website | Facebook | Instagram
9. KITA DiningCredit: @levienenrose on InstagramWhen having a get together with your friends and family, taking a bunch of photos to make the night more memorable is mandatory. That’s why KITA Dining is the perfect place to celebrate your special occasion. Gold and wood accents are decorated throughout the dining space, complete with a hint of pastel pink and forest green; the restaurant is nothing short of aesthetically pleasing. If you’re planning on having breakfast and brunch, there offer plenty of dishes perfect to start the day. You can try the various Asian fusion dishes they offer, like Nasi Kerabu with spiced chicken and Smoked Duck Fettuccine. Or try out on their Avo Roasted Pumpkin & Beetroot on Toast for a lighter option. Halal status: All meats are sourced from halal-certified suppliers. No pork, lard or alcohol is used or served. Address: 47 Jalan Dungun, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaContact: +6016 219 6644Facebook | Instagram
10. Lai Poh HeenCredit: @desatherts for Instagram
If you're looking to splurge on a dim sum
meal for an extra special occasion with private rooms provided as well, Lai Poh Heen may just be the answer! This restaurant located at the swanky Mandarin Oriental hotel specialises in Cantonese cuisine and is the perfect spot to partake in an upscale dim sum feast. Credit: @nqbzhrm for Instagram
Choose from their extensive array of dim sum and main dishes, from classics such as siew mai and barbecue chicken buns to more unique options like black truffle and also roasted duck dumplings. You can even order mouthwatering Beijing roasted duck! For dessert, don't forget to get their famous durian pancakes. Halal status:Uses ingredients sourced from halal-certified suppliers. Please note that alcoholic beverages are served here, so we recommend that you dine
at your own discretion. Address:
Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur Contact:
+60 (03) 2179 8885 Website | Facebook
Gather your loved ones and schedule a meal with them for some good quality, intimate bonding time!