1. Ramly burgerAny Malaysian who grew up with the legendary Ramly burger will confess to having a soft spot for this delicious street food. With soft buns pillowing all kinds of mouthwatering fillings like juicy patties, fried egg, fresh salad and more, this is one comfort food that hits the spot perfectly. Where to find: You can easily find Ramly burgers anywhere in the city! But to make life easier, check out our list of 12 halal burgers to try in KL & Selangor that'll suit every budget.
2. Grilled cheese sandwich + soupOnce you sink your teeth into a grilled cheese sandwich, there's nothing but instant love for it. And when you dip it into a side serving of roasted pepper and tomato soup? You'll be craving for more of this combo, even on days when it isn't raining! Where to find: Dough and Dolce, Soul Sacrifice and Provisions.
3. Cheese naanIt's impossible not to talk about comfort food without having cheese involved in the conversation. There are plenty of ways to enjoy a cheesy dish and one of them is cheese naan! Stuffed in a deliciously soft flat bread, it's hard not to resist this sinful treat after you take that first bite. Where to find: Go on a cheesy adventure at these 8 halal cheese naan spots in KL & Selangor!
4. Korean fried chickenNo one can ever get enough of fried chicken, especially not Korean-style fried chicken! Known for its super crunchy exterior and addictive sweet-and-spicy sauce, we’re already drooling at the thought of biting into some crispy chicken skin and savouring the tender, juicy meat inside. Where to find: Get your taste buds ready as you eat your way through these 11 halal Korean fried chicken places in KL.
5. SteamboatIf you're looking to enjoy a meal of comfort food with your family or large group of friends, then having a steamboat feast together is just what you need! From hotpot to shabu-shabu, the variety of meats, seafood, veggies and more, you won't have to worry about the people in your party not finding something they like. Where to find: Treat yourself to a feast at these 7 Muslim-friendly steamboat eateries in KL.
6. PastaNothing says both comforting and luxurious quite like a bowl of pasta. Whether it's the classic spaghetti bolognese, chicken fettuccine alfredo or carbonara, these rich and creamy dishes are all it takes to satisfy your stomach and leave you in a food coma on a rainy day. Where to find: Find all your pasta needs at these 5 Muslim-friendly Italian restaurants in KL.
7. PizzaYou can never go wrong with pizzas. They're as versatile as they come and are practically made for cold, rainy days. Where to find: Take your pick from any of these 7 delicious halal pizza spots in KL and Selangor and enjoy all the slices you want!
8. Instant noodlesIf you prefer staying in on a rainy day but still crave for some type of comfort food, make sure your pantry is well-stocked with instant noodles - more specifically Korean instant noodles! You can enjoy them as is or bulk it up with fun ingredients like egg, sausages, kimchi and any other side dishes. Where to find: Before you head out to your nearest grocery store, check out this list of 18 halal Korean instant noodles in Malaysia and Singapore.