Pratunam: Near Pratunam Market/Platinum Mall/Baiyoke Sky
1. Samat Muslim Food
Their Papaya Salad (60 THB) is also worth trying – it’s crunchy, spicy and full of flavour. If you’re travelling in a big group, indulge in their whole fish dishes like stir-fried and steamed seabass which are perfect for sharing! 😉Halal status: Muslim-owned Opening hours: Open daily, 8:30am–11pm Address: 419 Ratchaprarop Rd, Khwaeng Makkasan, Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, Thailand Contact: +66 89 442 5114 Directions: 3 minutes walk from ARL Ratchaprarop Station Facebook | Instagram
2. Maedah Restaurant
3. FIN Burger
Craving for something different while in Bangkok? Visit FIN Burger for tall homemade burgers that are freshly grilled and most importantly, halal! 😌 Each burger is unique in their own way but there's one thing in common on the menu - HUGE burgers. So you don't have to worry about not being satisfied with your meal because of how hearty their burgers are.
Halal status: Halal-certified
Opening hours: Mon; Closed | Tue-Fri; 10:30am-8:30PM Address: 25/1, Ramkhamhaeng 4, Suan Luang Bangkok, Thailand 10250 Contact: +66 2 101 3616 Facebook
Other halal eateries near Pratunam Market/Platinum Mall/Baiyoke Sky:
Al-Sana (behind Baiyoke Sky)
Cuisine: Arabic/Indian/Pakistani/Thai/Malay Opening hours: Open daily; 8AM - 1AM Address: 120/185-188 Rachaprarop Road, Pratunam, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400, Thailand Contact No: +66 265 625 07 Website
SMJ Have Site Halal Food
Cuisine: Thai Opening hours: Open daily; 11AM - 11PM Address: 99/9 Ratchaprarop Rd, Khwaeng Thanon Phaya Thai, Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, Thailand (near Tom Yam Paa Nga) Contact No: +66 89 548 0399
Saneeya Thai Muslim Food (prayer room available)
Cuisine: Thai Opening hours: Open daily; 7AM - 12AM Address: 41/15 Soi Som Prasong, Phayathai, Ratchathewi, Bangkok, Thailand Contact No: +66 81 592 9996 Facebook
Prayer spaces nearby:
Platinum Fashion Mall
Address: 222, Petchaburi Road, Thanon Petchaburi, Ratchathewi Details: Male (5th floor), Female (2nd floor), located at Zone 1 near elevators
4. Yana Restaurant (MBK Center)If you’re heading to Bangkok then it’s almost guaranteed that you will eventually find yourself at MBK which is the city’s most recognisable shopping centre. The great thing is, with Yana Restaurant around, you won’t have to stress over trying to find halal food to quell your appetite in the midst of all that shopping! Strategically located on the fifth floor of this major shopping mall, Yana Restaurant is a hotspot for Muslim tourists who happen to be in the area. Their menu centres around a mix of western and Thai, serving up local favourites such as tom yum, curry, and even pastas among a variety of fusion dishes. Convenient, affordable and delicious there’s no reason why you shouldn’t drop by this restaurant while out and about on your shopping spree! 😂Halal status: Halal-certified Opening hours: Open daily; 10.30AM - 9PM Address: MBK Center 5th Floor, Tokyu Side, Room No. 5A-05 444 Phayathai Rd. Wangmai Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand Contact: +66 (0)2 0484589 Website | Facebook | Instagram[P.S. To help you get the most out of your trip, here are 8 insider tips you'd need to conquer Bangkok!]
5. The Beef Master by Company B (MBK Center)Want a break from all the Thai food? Head over to The Beef Master for your halal steak fix! With not many places offering halal beef steaks in Bangkok, this place stands out and is highly recommended by locals too. The beef here is imported from Australia and then fed and processed in Thailand, making it succulent and flavourful. Some of the must-try dishes are the dry-aged beef, ribeye steak and burgers, plus Tomahawk steaks. 😄 As the restaurant also lets you purchase fresh meat, you can choose the type of meat you want and choose how you want it to be prepared. Not to mention that prices at this restaurant are reasonable for steaks too. Note: They have another outlet at The Mall Bangkapi. Halal status: Muslim-owned Opening hours: Open daily; 10AM - 7.30PM Address: Phayathai Rd. 6th Floor, MBK Center, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand Contact: +66 98 247 7001 Facebook
6. Jeerapan (Siam Paragon)
7. Royal India (Siam Paragon)
8. AYA Japanese Halal Restaurant (short walk from MBK)Who knew you could find halal Japanese food in Bangkok? Dig in to a savoury bowl of ramen or satisfyingly sweet unagi don (rice bowl), and savour delectable sushi. 😊 Their wide menu will satisfy any craving you have – and of course, we can’t forget their fresh sashimi either! #HHWT Tip: There’s even a prayer room on-site, making this place the perfect pit stop for you to have both a great meal and to do your prayers Halal status: Muslim-owned Opening hours: Open daily; 11AM - 9PM Address: 22, 24 Suanluang Soi 2, Bangkok 10330 Thailand Facebook
Prayer spaces nearby:MBK CenterAddress: 444 Phayathai Road, Wangmai, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand Details: 5th floor, Zone D, opens from 10am - 10pm Siam ParagonAddress: Siam Paragon, 991 Rama 1 Road, Pathum Wan, Bangkok, Thailand Details: B1 floor at South Lobby, wudhu area included Central WorldAddress: 999/9 Rama I Rd, Khwaeng Pathum Wan, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330, Thailand Details: 1st floor, Eden Zone, opens 8.30am - 8.30pm
Chatuchak Weekend Market
9. Saman IslamWhat could be better than indulging in a comforting bowl of beef noodles accompanied by a side of freshly prepared Thai fishcakes after a long day of braving the sweltering heat at Chatuchak Market? Saman Islam sits right smack in the heart of Bangkok’s largest weekend market and is the best place to refuel for Muslims in the vicinity, with everything from spicy tom yum to crispy fried chicken! The crab fried rice comes with copious amounts of crab meat too. 😃 The restaurant is only open during the weekends and is always packed with tourists. Although dishes here are a bit on the pricier side, the eatery has an extensive menu and huge serving portions to boot. If you’re famished and in the mood for hearty, yummy food then this is the place to go! Halal status: Muslim-owned Opening hours: Sat-Sun, 9am-7pm (Closed on weekdays) Address: Soi 7 Chatuchak Weekend Market, Project 16, Kamphaeng Phet 2 Road, Lat Yao Subdistrict, Chatuchak District, Bangkok Thailand Contact: +66 81 342 1245 Facebook
10. Kah JakJust down the road from Saman is Kah Jak, an unassuming halal eatery which exudes a homely feel. The eatery may be small but they have a wide variety of dishes from green and red curries to tom yum, fried rice, beef noodles, fried fish and more. Some of the recommended dishes here are the pad thai and beef green curry. The seafood tom yum packs a punch too! Not to mention that prices are reasonable too. 😃Halal status: Muslim-owned Other halal eateries in Chatuchak:Madenah Halal Noodle FoodCuisine: Thai Address: 26, Soi 8, Khwaeng Chatuchak, Khet Chatuchak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10900, Thailand Opening hours: Sat - Sun, hours are unspecified but it should be the same as Chatuchak's opening hours from around 9am - 7pm Sultana Halal @ JJCuisine: Thai and Indian Address: 151 Kamphaeng Phet 2 Rd, Khwaeng Chatuchak, Khet Chatuchak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10900, Thailand Opening hours: Sat - Sun, 10.30am - 6pm Contact No: +66 85 302 3769
Prayer spaces nearby:Chatuchak Weekend MarketLocation: Section 27, Soi 68/1 (behind TMB Bank and Military Police Office)
11. Usman Thai Muslim Food (Soi 22, between Asok and Phrom Pong BTS stations)
If you’re shopping at Sukhumvit and looking for a place to refuel, look no further than Usman Thai Muslim Food! This unassuming eatery will make you feel right at home with their hearty dishes. The best part is that, it's within walking distance to malls like EmQuartier and Terminal 21. Whether you’re looking for yummy Thai dishes to share or ala carte items, Usman’s got you covered! Try their mouthwatering tom yum with some crab curry, deep-fried seabass and papaya salad and you’re all set. 😁 Their fried noodles and rice selection like Pad See Eew and Thai Fried Rice will satisfy your cravings too.
Of course, no meal is complete without desserts and we recommend getting their Mango Sticky Rice too! With generous mango portions and tantalising sticky rice, you’d be left thoroughly satisfied!
#HHWT Tip: Good news, you can do your prayers at Usman as they have a musollah at the second floor of the restaurant.
Halal status: Muslim-ownedOpening hours: Sat-Thu; 10AM-10PM, Fri; 2PM-10PM Address: 259/9 Sukhumvit Rd, Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand (Next to Imperial Queen's Park Hotel)Contact No: +66 81 855 7124 Facebook | Instagram
12. Halal Food Street (Nana BTS Station)
Credit: Tip for trips to Bangkok on Facebook
A halal food street in Bangkok? We kid you not ? Known as Soi Nana or the Arab soi, this street has many Arab and Middle Eastern eateries. From morning till about noon, many vendors set up stalls here and you can get plenty of street food from halal Thai grilled meat skewers and pad thai to fried chicken, fresh seafood, shawarma and briyani. Do note that at night, the area turns into a party scene.Opening hours: varies from shop to shop Address: Soi Sukhumvit 3/1, Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand Directions: The halal food street is about a 3-minutes' walk from Nana BTS station.
13. Al-Hussain Restaurant (Nana BTS Station)
Credit: @brightsssun on InstagramWhere ever you are in the world, Indian food never fails to hit the spot. Al Hussain is one of, if not the go-to place in Bangkok for getting your fix of both Indian and Arabic cuisine. The restaurant is serious about serving fresh food. The breads are made in house and the meats are cooked to order ensuring everything reaches your table while they are still hot! If you’re in the mood for a feast then you can try their kebabs. Loaded with an assortment of different spices and generous in portion their Kebabs are sure to satiate even the most ravenous souls. 😄
14. Usman Muslim Restaurant
Prayer spaces nearby:Nana MosqueAddress: Soi Sukhumvit 3/1, Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand Robinson's Department StoreAddress: 2nd floor, 259 Sukhumvit Rd, Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand (behind cashier counter of ladies dept) Opening hours: 10am - 10pm daily Terminal 21Address: Istanbul floor, Terminal 21, 88 Soi Sukhumvit 19, Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand (at carpark area) Opening hours: 10am - 10pm daily EmQuartier/Emporium MallAddress: G floor (Emporium), 2nd floor (EmQuartier), 622, Sukhumvit Rd, Klongtun, Klongtoei, Bangkok 10110 Opening hours: 10am - 10pm daily
Bangkok Old City
15. Aaeesah RoddeeLocated near Khaosan Rd in the old part of Bangkok, Aaeesah Roddee is the place to go to savour the best Thai Muslim cuisine. This cuisine is a mix of Indian, Malay and Thai flavours and this eatery has been around for more than 50 years. One of the must-try dishes here is their briyani rice with beef or chicken. The beef is tender and perfectly complements the Indian-style curry. The oxtail soup is also a crowd-pleaser - it's light on the palate and is a refreshing dish to have. The Thai spring rolls and satay are not to be missed too. 😄Halal status: Muslim-owned Opening hours: Mon-Fri; 8AM-8.30PM, Sat; 8AM-9PM, Sun; 8AM-8.30PM Address: 178 Tani Rd, Talad Yod, Phra Nakhon Near Sib Sam Hang Circle, Bangkok Thailand
16. Sara RestaurantAs a restaurant in the Muslim-friendly Nouvo City Hotel, Sara Restaurant is where you should head to if you're looking for an eatery with the perfect ambience. The best part is, they serve a mix of Thai, Western and Indian cuisine so you can have a feast. One dish you can't miss here is their award-winning pad thai. They come in big portions too so you can share it with a friend or have it all to yourself. 😃 Their tom yum and beef curry is flavourful too! #HHWT Tip: If you need to do your prayers after the satisfying meal, head over to the musollah at the hotel lobby! Halal status: Halal-certified Opening hours: Open daily; 6AM - 10PM Address: 2 Samsen 2, Samsen Road Pranakorn, Banglamphu, Nouvo City Hotel, Bangkok Thailand
Prayer spaces nearby:Chak Phong MosqueAddress: 70, Trok Surao Chak Phong, Chak Phong Road, Chana Songkhram, Khet Phra Nakhon, Bangkok, 10200, Khwaeng Chana Songkhram, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
Petchaburi: Near Ratchathewi BTS Station
17. Petchaburi Soi 7 Street Food
Credit: @naldelavendi on Instagram
One thing that every Muslim traveller needs to know in Thailand is that wherever there's a mosque, there'll be a lot of halal food! To get a feel of the local Muslim community, head over to Petchaburi Soi 7 where you'll find the Darul Aman Mosque and dozens of halal eateries. What's more, the area turns into a bustling food paradise at 6pm every evening, as locals start setting up their stalls selling halal local street food. Get your fill of meatballs, grilled meat skewers, fried chicken, sausages and more. Rub shoulders with Thai Muslim locals and travellers while savouring yummy street fare, it’ll definitely be a fulfilling experience!
Address: Petchaburi Soi 7 Opening hours: most street food stalls open from 6pm onwards Directions: Take the BTS to Ratchathewi station and walk for about 5 minutes on Petchaburi Road until you find Petchaburi Soi 7.
18. Phayathai Kitchen
If you're looking for a place to sit down and enjoy your dinner in this area, head over to Phayathai Kitchen! Take your pick from different dishes to share like steamed fish, basil chicken and tom yum. Their tom yum packs a punch and will delight the spice lovers. For those who prefer having ala carte dishes, try their khao soi (northern Thai coconut curry noodle soup) or have their beef noodles which will definitely comfort you. Don't miss out on their grilled beef salad too!
Halal status: Muslim-ownedOpening hours: Fri-Wed; 11AM-10PM, Thurs; 11AM-9PM Address: 68/63 Phetchaburi Road, Phetchaburi 7 Alley Thung Phaya Thai, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Other halal eateries in Petchaburi Soi 7:
Farida Fatornee Muslim Food
Cuisine: Thai Address: Phetchaburi Rd, Khwaeng Thung Phaya Thai, Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, Thailand Opening hours: 9am -10pm daily Contact No: +66 2 215 1733
Cuisine: Thai Address: 497/15 Phetchaburi Rd, Khwaeng Thung Phaya Thai, Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, Thailand Opening hours: 12pm - 9.30pm daily
Cuisine: Thai Address: 431/2 Phetchaburi 7 Alley, Khwaeng Thung Phaya Thai, Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, Thailand Opening hours: 10am - 9pm daily Contact No: +66 2 612 0895
Prayer spaces nearby:
Darul Aman Mosque
Address: 453 Phetchaburi 7 Alley, Khwaeng Thung Phaya Thai, Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, Thailand Contact No: +66 85 232 6114
19. Sharif Halal Food
Looking for a truly special hole-in-the-wall restaurant? Then you’ve got to visit Sharif Halal Food which is located in a shophouse down a small alleyway, but promises you an authentic homecooked meal packed full of classic Thai flavours! 😁 Run by Sharif and his wife, this tiny eatery sells Thai classics including tom yum seafood soup, fried rice with shrimp, and of course Thai milk tea!
Credit: Ashley Summer
As an added bonus, Sharif’s is located just a few steps away from the Nurun Nasihah Mosque – which makes this a convenient stop for doing your prayers too!
Halal status: Muslim-owned
Address: Silom Soi 13, White Mansion 33/1 Khwaeng Silom, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand Opening hours: 11am - 9pm daily Contact No: +66 95 247 9687
20. Muslim Restaurant
Located in Bang Rak, one of Bangkok’s Muslim district, the legendary Muslim Restaurant has been around for more than 70 years and it specialises in Thai-Muslim cuisine. Try their Mutton Biryani (180 THB), Mataba Beef (50 THB) and Beef Satay (80 THB) and you’ll realise that the food here is a mish-mash of Thai, Indian and Malay flavours. It’s interesting how such a cuisine has evolved and become part of the Thai Muslim identity ☺️ The satay is really tender yet still retaining a bit of chewy texture and it goes well with the peanut sauce.
Other than their scrumptious food, the decor at Muslim Restaurant has been well-preserved and retains a nostalgic vibe. Stepping into the eatery will definitely take you back in time!
Halal status: Muslim-ownedOpening hours: Open daily, 6.30AM - 5.30PM Address: 1354-1356 Charoen Krung Rd, Khwaeng Bang Rak, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand