SingaporeFrom silly minions to brave superheroes and grumpy eggs, these character cafes are coming onboard like hot cakes.
1. Minion CafeFor a limited time, the Japanese restaurant, The Guest Cafe is flying the Grumobile over to Singapore's shores. Fans of Bob, Kevin, Stuart can head over to the pop-up cafe with 14 minion-themed fares on the menu. Now, maybe they need to know that we too adore these minions, and will definitely go bananas for this!
DC Comics Super Heroes Café (Update: Now MUIS Halal-certified!)
DC Comics Super Heroes Cafe Address: 2 Bayfront Avenue, #01-03/04/05, Marina Bay Sands (North Podium), Singapore 018972 Opening Hours: Mon to Thurs: 11.30am – 11pm (last order 10pm) Fri: 11.30am – 11.30pm (last order 10.30pm) Sat: 11am – 11.30pm (last order 10.30pm) Sun: 11am – 11pm (last order 10pm)
2. Gudetama CafeWe're so egg-cited on the opening of Gudetama Cafe, until we realise they're not halal-certified. Still, who's able to resist the adorably grumpy egg character that honestly embodies our inner spirit? With a chill and relaxed ambience, we only wish we could be scrambling here for a dine-in experience one day!
MalaysiaPockets of cafes are opening in Malaysia from the likes of Doraemon, Mickey and Stitch! Will some of the Disney magic rub off and make them halal soon? ?
1. D’Dream CaféRemember those days where you hope Doraemon will magically pull things out of his giant pocket? This diner will tickle those childhood memories of yours with various merchandise that are too hard to resist. We love to hang out with our blue-whiskered friend and maybe get a free gift or two from him ?
2. M2escapeOh boy! M2escape's themed-cafe doubles as an escape room, and Mickey Mouse (and friends) plushies can be found in every corner. If you know Mickey, you know he always brings along Minnie and Pluto! Who can say no to a cafe where Mickey's the host? ?
3. Stitchats CafeOur first lesson about families probably comes from Stitch ? He may be a handful, but we can't help loving him anyway ? Together with Lilo, you know nothing's impossible with these two, like giving us a halal alternative to the adorable-themed cafe, maybe? ?
4. Peekaboo CafeTucked in a rustic setting, Peekaboo Cafe is the perfect place for you to cuddle up on the benches on a rainy day with a cup of coffee. Tororo fans will undeniably go crazy spotting signs of the animated tale plastered on the walls and in their food! While this establishment isn't currently halal-certified, we can't help but feel a fuzzy warmth just looking at this countryside interior.
BONUS!There's a couple of hidden gems like the Charlie Brown Cafe and Hello Kitty Orchid Garden Cafe in Singapore that's halal-certified! Now, we sure love a good view, but what can be better than food we can feast our eyes AND lips on? ?