1. You have room for a little splurgingTravelling in your younger days means cutting down a lot of indulgences to save more for your adventure. After all, that was a smarter way to travel on a budget. Now that you are in your 30s and well into your career, you may have saved a substantial amount of cash for your travelling. You no longer have to think twice about indulging in good coffee and some fine pastries to go along wi th it or buying those gorgeous Portmeirion plates that you have had your eye on for so long (after all it is way cheaper in the country of origin, right?). Or maybe sign up for an exotic off-road adventure with a decent, established provider. The point is, you have a little room to splurge for yourself or your family, whenever you feel like it.
2. You are able to invest in a comfortable airline & accommodationYour backpacking days are now over. And naturally, you will go for something more comfortable that fits your budget. And guess what, with a little research you will find something that suits you! A budget boutique hotel may sound better than couch-surfing. Sometimes, you have your kids or family travelling with you. So, for convenience, you wouldn't mind spending a little more for a reliable airline and accommodation. Nothing beats having more peace of mind when you travel.
3. You may be older, but you are wiserWith wisdom, you will be able to come up with a better route for your travels. From planning your itinerary to reflecting on the journey, you know that you deserve to have things done your own way. Bei ng in your 30s also means th at you have moved on from societal pressures, and no longer struggle to live according to what people say. You will make well thought out decisions during your travel, instead of impulsive ones. In your 30s you will see the world in a different light and you will appreciate the relationships that you build with new people that you meet along the way. Travelling will also probably be a way of discovering yourself, and a reflection on the kind of life that you want to have.
4. If you have young children, it is the best way to teach them about faith and Allah’s glory
“Say, [O Muhammad], ‘Travel through the land and observe how He began creation. Then Allah will produce the final creation…” (The Quran, 29:20)Children are curious little beings. Exposing them to travelling and taking them out of your family comfort zone is a brilliant way to let them learn about the world and its diversity. Allah has His own magnificent plans and reasons for all of His diverse creations. So use this opportunity to let your children appreciate His splendour.
5. You are still healthy and still have the energyGranted, being in your 30s means that it is time to be more health-conscious. However, that does not mean that it should stop you from discovering the world! In fact, now is the best time to go out and just do it. You will soon realize that you actually still have the drive and energy to enjoy your holidays and even sign up for adventurous activities like jungle trekking, bungee jumping or even food hunting. And there you have it! Being 30 is not so bad. Well, to look at life more positively, ageing is not an excuse to stop doing what you love or to try out new things. So pack your bags and go for that long-planned adventure already! 😃