During the month of Ramadan, most of us would be in the kitchen cooking up a storm, be it for sahur
or baking batches after batches of piping hot Raya goodies?
So, if you’re thinking of honing your cooking and baking skills even further, here are 5 delicious recipes you need to try this Ramadan!
P.S. Too busy to do grocery runs? Place your orders through honestbee and get your groceries delivered right to your doorstep. Use the promo code RAMADAN17
to get $10 off for every $50* of groceries ordered through honestbee for all new customers!
1. Overnight oats
Oats are a known superfood that can help you feel full for a longer period of time! Customise your overnight oats to your liking with fruit toppings for added flavor. Plus, this recipe is perfect for sahur as it’s packed with antioxidants and vitamins ?
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 0 mins
- ⅓ cup oats
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- fruits of your choice, chopped
- chopped nuts
- chocolate bits (optional)
- Spoon oats into a mason jar.
- Layer with milk and yoghurt.
- Top with a heap of your favourite fruit.
- Sprinkle in nuts and chocolate.
- Leave jar overnight in the fridge.
Prepare several batches of oat mixes in ziplock bags the night before to save more time! ?
P.S. Stock up on your ingredients with honestbee’s delivery service! Use the code RAMADAN17 to get $10 off every $50 worth of groceries.
2. Two Ingredient Pancakes
Everyone loves pancakes, but not everyone has time to muck about in the kitchen in the early hours to whip up the batter. Here’s a recipe even cooking newbies can make! ?
Preparation Time: 3 mins
Cooking Time: 2 mins
Feeds: 1-2 Ingredients:
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- Mash the bananas in a bowl.
- Add eggs to mashed bananas and stir to a custard-like consistency.
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Melt a knob of butter in pan.
- Drop a ladleful of mixture onto hot pan. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with honey or maple syrup.
Add a touch of pizzazz to your pancakes with chocolate shavings or coconut chips!
P.S. Get your fresh ingredients delivered right to your doorstep with honestbee! Plus, if you use the code RAMADAN17, you’ll get $10 for every $50 of groceries ordered through honestbee ?
3. Chocolate Chip Cookies
You can’t deny it, there’s nothing like homemade baked goodies to win the affections of our loved ones when they visit your home for Hari Raya ?
Chocolate chip cookies are a classic offering at Hari Raya, and we’re sure every home baker has a prized recipe they have perfected over the years. If you’re a beginner, here’s an easy recipe you can try!
Preparation Time: 45 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Makes: 45-50 cookiesIngredients:
A. 224g butter, 150g brown sugar
B. 2 eggs
C. 400g plain flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder
D. 340g chocolate chip cookiesInstructions:
- Place group A ingredients into a mixing bowl and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add group B ingredients gradually and mix well.
- Add group C ingredients and cream until fluffy.
- Add group D ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonful onto an ungreased baking tray.
- Bake at 160°C for 25 minutes.
P.S. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the ingredients with honestbee’s delivery service and get $10 off with every $50 worth of groceries spent when you use the code RAMADAN17
for new customers!
4. Rainbow bites
These colorful cookies are a hot favourite amongst children and adults alike! With only five main ingredients and a 15 min bake time, this is a quick and easy recipe that’s perfect for any baker ?
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes: about 250 bitesIngredients:
- ½ cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add flour, salt and sprinkles and mix evenly. Press mixture and knead until it comes together.
- Press dough evenly into pan and let it chill for 30 mins.
- Cut into ½ inch squares. Bake for 15 mins until bottoms are lightly browned.
P.S. No time for a grocery run? Use honestbee’s delivery service to enjoy $10 off for every $50 purchase of groceries for new customers with the code RAMADAN17 ?
5. Meringue Kisses
These adorable little swirls of sugary goodness are slowly becoming a staple at any home during Hari Raya. Since these treats are a little moisture-sensitive, we’d recommend making these meringues on a not-so humid day for better results ?
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup fine sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 120°C.
- Whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, whisking well between each addition, until sugar dissolves.
- Continue to whisk on high for 3 mins.
- Pipe meringues onto a lined baking tray. Reduce oven temperature to 90°C.
- Bake meringues for 1 h 30 mins.
Add a few drops of food colouring for pretty pastel meringues ?
P.S. With honestbee’s delivery service, you can quickly restock your ingredients after you run out! For all new customers, use the code RAMADAN17 to get $10 for every $50 of groceries ordered through honestbee. ?
Give these quick and easy recipes a go during this Ramadan! Here’s to wishing all our lovely readers a blessed Ramadan, from all of us at HHWT ?
This article was brought to you by honestbee.