Having guests over during Eid is exciting but it can also be rather stressful. We want to impress our guests, but we just might not have the time to prepare a feast. Fret not! The best recipes don’t have to take a lot of work or time?
We’ve got you covered with these 3 quick and easy comfort recipes to impress your guests this Eid?
1. Mini Oreo CheesecakesMakes:
A fool-proof way to win over your guests has
to be with these amazing cheesecakes - no one can resist them! Made with oreo, the dessert is just the right amount of richness and cream when served in mini cups?
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup MARIGOLD Lady General Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Oreo crumbs
- 12 whole Oreo cookies
- With a hand mixer, combine cream cheese, vanilla, MARIGOLD Lady General, thickened cream and powdered sugar. Mix until fully combined.
- Fold in Oreo crumbs.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Put one Oreo in each cupcake liner.
- With a large ice cream scoop, fill each cupcake liner with cheesecake batter.
- Freeze for 6 hours, or until firm.
- For a more mousse-like texture, place in fridge for 1 hour
- Serve and enjoy!
2. Bandung Katira
Bandung Katira is almost synonymous with Ramadan as it's cooling and delicious. But whoever said that you can't have it for Eid too? With all that visiting, your guests will definitely need a thirst-quencher and this is the perfect drink to cool them down! ☺️
- ¼ cup hot water
- 3 tbsp sugar (adjust according to preference)
- 50 ml Rose syrup (dependant on syrup)
- 325 ml ice cream soda
- ¾ can MARIGOLD King of Kings Full Cream Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup ice (according to preference)
- 3 tbsp basil seeds
- Soak basil seeds until it expands*
- Dissolve sugar in hot water
- Add rose syrup to sugared water (in step 1) and mix well
- Pour in MARIGOLD King of Kings and mix well
- Add in ice cream soda to mixture
- Strain basil seeds
- Add basil seeds to a serving cup and pour in bandung mixture
- Add ice and serve
*Follow instructions on your packet
3. Three Layer Tea (or Teh C Peng Special)
If you're looking for a more interesting drink, this three layer tea is sure to amaze your guests! Transform your normal cup of tea into a completely new and different drink by adding 2 layers to it?
You also need:
- 40 grams gula melaka (palm sugar) finely chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 red or black tea bags (such as Lipton or Boh)
- 250 ml hot boiling water
- ice cubes
- 1/4 cup MARIGOLD King of Kings Full Cream Evaporated Milk per serving; to taste
- 2 x 250ml tall glass for serving
- stirrer/tall spoon
- Brew tea bags with hot boiling water in a mug.
- Let the tea seep for 5 minutes.
- Dunk the tea bags in the tea a few times and discard the tea bags.
- In the meantime, add gula melaka and 1 tbsp water to a pan.
- Over a low stove heat, stir continuously with a spatula, until the sugar is fully dissolved and the liquid resembles a thick maple syrup consistency.
- You may add more water, 1 tsp at a time, if the syrup is too thick.
- Divide gula melaka syrup while it is still warm, equally among two serving glass.
- Fill each glass to the brim with ice cubes, then add a layer of MARIGOLD King of Kings.
- Lastly, fill the glass to the brim with brewed tea. Serve with a straw and stirrer.
Are you now convinced that the best recipes need not be hard to make?? We hope both you and your guests enjoy them! Here's wishing all our dear readers Eid Mubarak, from the HHWT team ☺️
This article was brought to you by MARIGOLD.