1. Nasi Lemak from MalaysiaA staple dish comprised of steamed rice made fragrant with pandan leaves and coconut cream, topped with crispy, fried anchovies and ground peanuts, crunchy cucumbers and a dollop of spicy-sweet sambal sauce- it's a complete meal you can easily get for a few ringgit at any stall around the corner in Malaysia. There’s no rule as to how you should enjoy a plate of mouth-watering nasi lemak (although adding some fried chicken would be wonderful!), and that’s actually one of the best part ?
2. Baklava from TurkeyThe ultimate dessert of the Turks and everyone around the world knows it! The crunchy pastry texture, nuts filling with the sugar syrup will absolutely make you come back for more ? Looking for more Turkish goodness? Check out our 9 delicious eats in Istanbul you absolutely have to try!
3. Fish & Chips from LondonWhat's a trip to London without trying one of their British classics ? Fresh fish that's fried to perfection and yummy fries to go with it? We'd say yes! [inlinewidget id=29312]
4. Pho from VietnamVietnamese noodle soup made of broth, rice noodles (which is called pho) and meat such as beef or chicken! If you're looking for halal pho while in Vietnam, we've got you covered and that's pho sure ? Check out this link for the best halal pho in Ho Chi Minh city!
5. Waffles from BelgiumHit the streets of Belgium and grab one of the best snacks ever - Belgian waffles! Choose a sweet topping for yours such as fruits, nuts, honey, whipped cream or Nutella. Imagine enjoying steaming hot waffles in the middle of a Belgian winter ?
6. Crepes from FranceCrepe is also another versatile and delicious snack to enjoy. The safest choice is to have it sweet, so think chocolate, strawberries (or bananas) and whipped cream! Yum ? Planning a trip to Paris? You might find this handy!
7. Chicken Rice from SingaporeOne of the national dishes in Singapore, it's definitely a must-try while you're in the city! It's also any Singaporean's go-to dish when they're not sure of what to eat for their next meal ?
8. Bulgogi from South KoreaA traditional Korean beef dish which is often served with rice is one of the best things to eat when you're in town ?
9. Samgyetang from South Korea
11. Karjalanpiirakka from FinlandThe ingredients of this iconic Finnish snack is not as complicated as the name sounds. Otherwise known as Karelian pies, this yummy savoury treat is basically a pie with a crust made from rye flour and a filling of potatoes, rice or carrots topped with delicious spread of egg butter. Perfect for breakfast or brunch right? ?
12. Gelato from ItalyGelato are specially made Italian-style ice creams with a very rich flavour and yes, lower in fat compared to the conventional ice-cream! It's made with a base of milk, cream and sugar and then flavoured with all natural flavoring such as fruits and nuts puree.
13. Ramen from JapanA noodle soup dish and one of the most famous meals in Japan, ramen is the ultimate Japanese comfort food for both locals AND travellers ?
14. Sushi from JapanWe're pretty sure this one don't need any introduction ? Your trip to Japan isn't complete without trying some sushi! Lucky for you, we know where to find the best sushi in Tokyo ?
15. Bakso from IndonesiaThis Indonesia's version of meatball noodle is easily found in every corner of the country! The main thing about bakso is the delicious meatballs which is commonly made from beef ? Bakso comes with the broth and noodles, topped with scallion and even sambal for spicy lovers!
16. Poutine from CanadaA must try when you’re in Canada is poutine, a Canadian dish. It’s made with french fries and topped with cheese curds and a light brown gravy. There are many shops (such as Popeyes) which sell halal poutine! Need some convincing to visit Canada? ?
17. Stroopwaffles from Amsterdam
18. The Halal Guys from New York City
From a hot dog cart that started in New York to a world-renowned international restaurant chain, The Halal Guys are your go-to place (if you don't mind flying to New York for this ?) for the best chicken platter and gyro over rice.
P.S. Look out for their other branches in Jakarta and Seoul too!