Spending quality time with your loved one is crucial. While m
any of us have booked a weekend stay at a nearby resort, why not level up your romantic getaway by staying in a private pool villa in Malaysia!
These gorgeous private pool resorts will guarantee a getaway that you and your partner will never forget!
Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://bit.ly/3LnFN1FDisclaimer: All nightly rates are based on a search in November 2022 (for 2 adults) for booking periods between December 2022 to January 2023. Prices are subject to changes especially during peak travel periods and over weekends. We recommend that you do a search before booking.
Romantic Resorts and Villas With A Private Pool In Malaysia
1. Tasik Villa International ResortCredit: Tasik Villa International Resort on Facebook
Starting our list is Tasik Villa International Resort
which has private water chalets and villas to host your next getaway. While there are many types of accommodations available, you should look out for the Family Villa that can fit up to four guests. The villa is kitted out with one queen-size bed, two single beds, a separate living and dining area as well as your very own private pool.
Credit: Tasik Villa International Resort on FacebookRate:Starts from S$82.94 on KlookAddress:
Jalan Tasik Villa, Pusat Pelancongan Antarabangsa, Kota Lukut, 71010 Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan
2. Mangala Resort & Spa, KuantanCredit: Mangala Resort & Spa on Facebook
Does a luxurious tropical retreat sound good to you? Because Mangala Resort & Spa
, a nature-inspired resort located in a quiet stretch of Kuantan will be sure to charm and provide a serene setting for your romantic getaway. The resort’s story is an interesting one - it’s built on previously barren mining land which was rehabilitated into a lush tropical retreat complete with villas nestled along wetlands. With an emphasis on being eco-friendly, the resort aims to provide a luxurious stay within nature.
Credit: Mangala Resort & Spa on Facebook
The resort offers a number of villa types, of which two offer private pools - the Vana Pool Villa and the Amani Pool Villa. If you’re looking to maximise pool enjoyment, we recommend the Vana Pool Villa which comes with a larger pool (vs. the Amani Pool Villa which comes with a smaller saltwater plunge pool). But regardless of which you choose, you’re in for a romantic escapade.
On top of the stunning accommodations, you can go for one of the various spa treatments available for a pampering treat. If you’re feeling more adventurous, opt for one of the many other activities offered - from nature walks and bird-watching sessions to kayaking, cycling and more. In terms of dining options, the resort’s Lakeside Restaurant is halal-certified, so dine away!
Rate:From S$390.09/night on KlookAddress:
Lebuhraya Tun Razak, Kampung Melayu Gambang, 26300 Gambang, Pahang
3. Lexis Suites Penang, PenangCredit: Lexis Suites Penang on FacebookAnother Lexis resort makes this list with Lexis Suites Penang. This resort is just a 10-minute drive from Penang Airport and is located along a stretch of beach in Teluk Kumbar. What differentiates Lexis Suites Penang from its sister resorts is that instead of villas, all rooms are located within a 26-floor tower by the beach. All 222 rooms come with a private pool and steam room! Choose between the Executive Pool Suite or the Premium Pool Suite, with the former being slightly smaller (82 sqm vs. 89 sqm). Credit: Lexis Suites Penang on FacebookThe hotel’s location is a bit far away from town and the main tourist areas, so it’ll be the perfect hideaway for your romantic getaway! It’s worth noting however that there are not many eateries within the immediate area, so if you intend to eat out you may have to travel a significant distance. On the plus side, just like the other Lexis resorts, the hotel’s in-house eateries including UMI Japanese Restaurant and Roselle Coffee House are halal-certified.Rate:From S$173.45/night on KlookAddress:
28, Jalan Teluk Kumbar, 11920 Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang
4. Grand Lexis Port Dickson, Port DicksonCredit: Grand Lexis Port Dickson on FacebookAn affordable gem located in Port Dickson (near Lukut Town), Grand Lexis Port Dickson boasts 317 villas that all come with their own private pool! The resort has villas that are located over water as well as some villas located in the hotel building on the land. For a romantic retreat, we recommend the Deluxe Pool Villa - this cosy 62 sqm villa is tailored for couples and boasts a glass panel for viewing the sea beneath the villa, a dry kitchenette, and a bathroom equipped with a rain shower.Credit: Grand Lexis Port Dickson on FacebookThe resort offers a whole host of recreational activities, so there will be plenty of things to do during your time there! Besides bicycle rentals, an archery range and a karaoke room, the resort can even arrange fishing and crabbing activities. The resort’s restaurants are halal-certified, including UMI Japanese Restaurant and Roselle Coffee House!Rate:From S$205.69/night on KlookAddress:
Batu 2, Jalan Seremban, 71000 Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan
5. Borneo Beach Villas, Kota Kinabalu
Credit: Borneo Beach Villas on Facebook
Drive to the northeastern side of Kota Kinabalu, and you'll find yourself at Borneo Beach Villas
. A scenic property situated along a white sandy beach, this resort consists of individually-owned pool villas and spa suites, so you can spend your vacation in complete privacy. Perfect for a family trip, the modern pool villas consist of two or three bedrooms, a private lap pool, a living room, a dining area and a well-equipped kitchen. Don't forget to check out the best Instagram-worthy attractions in Sabah that are worth driving from Kota Kinabalu
Credit: Borneo Beach Villas on FacebookRate:From S$89.60/night on KlookAddress:
Pool Villa 161, Precinct Dillenia, Jalan Sepanggar Bay, Locked Bag 100, Karambunai, 88993 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
6. The Orchard Wellness & Health Resort, MelakaCredit: The Orchard Wellness Resort & Spa on FacebookTucked away in a remote area of Malacca lies The Orchard Wellness & Health Resort. This resort is centred around relaxing stays focused on wellness, with services such as yoga and meditation classes, fitness programmes, and spa sessions available. For your romantic getaway, the Luxury Villa With Private Pool should be your accommodation of choice. This villa is hidden within beautiful greenery and encompasses a whopping 120 sqm of space that you will have all to yourselves! The opulent furnishings of the villa are sure to help solidify a memorable experience.Credit: The Orchard Wellness Resort & Spa on FacebookIn addition to the villa amenities, all guests are given complimentary access to the fruit farms that surround the property. Enjoy plenty of freshly harvested fruits during their respective seasons including rambutan, longan, durian and more! To note, the resort is located quite far from town so eating out will require a bit of a drive. That said, Bon Appetit, which is the resort’s main restaurant, practices a farm-to-table concept and is halal-certified, so you won't even have to leave the resort.Rate:Starts from S$169.66/night on KlookAddress:
63, Jalan Solok Uban, Kampung Baru, 78100 Lubok China, Melaka
7. Lexis Hibiscus, Port DicksonCredit: Lexis Hibiscus Port Dickson on FacebookLexis Hibiscus
gained fame for its beautiful pool villas that sit on the water arranged in the shape of the hibiscus flower. This luxury resort on the shores of Port Dickson will be a surefire pleaser with your loved one! Lexis Hibiscus offers a range of villas, starting from the 71 sqm Executive Pool Villa all the way to the ultra-luxurious Presidential Suite. Most of the villas come equipped with two king-sized beds, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping space.
Do note that the Sky Pool Villa, which is one of the more spacious villas at 96 sqm, is situated in the hotel building on land and not over the water. It still comes with its own pool and a great view of the sea, so choose the villa that best suits your needs!
Credit: Lexis Hibiscus Port Dickson on Facebook
In addition to having a private dip pool, each villa also comes with its own steam room and glass panel on the floor (for villas that sit on water) to view marine life! Sounds like the perfect retreat to spend time with your partner! Similar to other Lexis resorts, Lexis Hibiscus’ restaurants (including UMI Japanese Restaurant and Roselle Coffee House) are halal-certified, so you won’t have to worry about where to eat!
Rate:Starts from S$312.73/night on KlookAddress:
2th Mile, Jalan Pantai, 71250 Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan
8. Maneh Villa-Private Pool, Langkawi
Credit: Maneh Villa on Facebook
A home away from home, Maneh Villa
is the private pool villa in Langkawi that you would want to visit someday. Complete with a living space, a dining table, and a cosy bedroom, it's going to be tough to leave this little hideaway after spending time relaxing by the private pool. This villa is also within driving distance from Pantai Tengah, so you're never far away from the sun, sand and sea.
Rate: From S$340.04/night on KlookAddress:
Lot 1240, Jalan Pantai Tengah Kampung Tasik Anak, Temoyong Mukim, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah
9. La Villa Langkawi, LangkawiCredit: La Villa Langkawi on FacebookLocated in Pantai Tengah on Langkawi Island, La Villa Langkawi is a cluster of villas each with its own private pool. Located next to a paddy field, this serene resort will be sure to guarantee a romantic escape! It offers spacious villas, each boasting 139 sqm of space! Choose the One Bedroom Villa With Private Pool which comes with a 15 ft-sized pool, or spoil your loved one by opting for the One Bedroom Villa With Private Deluxe Pool which has a pool measuring 33 ft.Credit: La Villa Langkawi on FacebookEach villa comes equipped with a kitchenette with a refrigerator, microwave and stovetop. The resort also provides complimentary snacks and drinks which are replenished daily.While the resort currently does not have in-house restaurants, La Villa Langkawi is located approximately 800m from the popular Cenang beach where there are several halal restaurants (not to mention street stalls!) available for you to get your fix of yummy food. The resort also offers an array of spa treatments, so if you’re feeling like pampering yourselves, this is a great option!Rate:From S$273.43/night on KlookAddress:
Jalan Pantai Tengah, Pantai Tengah, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah
10. Shangri-la's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa, Kota KinabaluCredit: Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa on Facebook
Let the soothing breeze from the South China Sea sweep you away when you check into Shangri-la's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa
. Should you wish to find a room that's perfect for a romantic getaway, let it be the Ocean Wing Junior Suite.
Credit: Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa on Facebook
Aside from the garden view, we recommend getting the Seaview, so you'll wake up to the sound of crashing waves every morning. Since it comes with a private pool, you can sit back and relax while you cherish every moment with your spouse.
Rate:From S$191.12/night on KlookAddress:
Pantai Dalit Tuaran, 89208 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
11. The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat, IpohCredit: The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat on FacebookHow about a romantic getaway with something a little different? The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat is a resort situated amidst towering limestone formations and features access to geothermal hot springs, natural caves and waterfalls.The resort offers 45 villas that all come with a private pool. Whether you choose the Lake Villa (a villa that faces the lake), the Water Villa (a villa overlooking a water canal) or the Garden Villa (the largest villa that comes with a private courtyard amidst a backdrop of caves and lush jungle), you’ll be enthralled by the natural beauty of the property.The resort offers a whole host of activities that are perfect to do during your getaway. Besides the various natural wonders to partake in (including the hot springs dipping pools, thermal steam cave and jungle walk), there are also spa and massage services, fitness classes and meditation sessions, just to name a few! The resort also features an in-house restaurant The Pomelo, which uses ingredients from halal-certified suppliers and is pork and lard-free (though please note alcoholic beverages are available on the menu, therefore we recommend for you to dine at your own discretion).Rate:From S$544.65/night on KlookAddress:
1, Persiaran Lagoon, Sunway 3, 31150 Ipoh, Perak
12. Ambong Ambong Pool Villas, LangkawiCredit: Ambong Pool Villas Langkawi on Facebook
If you're searching for more private pool villas in Langkawi, look no further than a stay at Ambong-Ambong Pool Villas
. It doesn't matter if you wake up to the sunrise view of Teluk Baru or unwind with the sunset view of Pulau Tepor, a weekend spent at their sea-view villas will be a treat for beach lovers.
Credit: Ambong Pool Villas Langkawi on Facebook
What truly seals the deal is the 12-meter pool that's available in every villa. Besides that, they have a kitchenette, an outdoor dining space, a king-size bed and a lounge bed to make everything complete.
Rate:From S$ 704.92/night on KlookAddress:
Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah Darul Aman, Malaysia
13. The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, LangkawiCredit: The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa on FacebookIf you’re looking for a luxurious beachfront retreat that promises privacy, upscale accommodation and dreamy island settings, look no further. The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa will have you covered in all those areas.The Westin’s 1 Bedroom Villas come with a private pool and are made for romantic excursions. Score maximum brownie points with your loved one by going for one of the beach-facing villas. Waking up to a view of the sea in the morning? Yes, please!Credit: The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa on FacebookWhile you relax in this slice of paradise, enjoy the food from their restaurants, which use ingredients sourced from halal-certified suppliers (though we note that alcoholic beverages are available on the menu, hence we recommend you to dine there at your discretion).Rate: From S$280.54/night on KlookAddress:
Jalan Pantai, Jalan Dato Syed Omar, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah
14. The Danna Langkawi
Credit: The Danna Langkawi on Facebook
Landscaped by the stunning Andaman Sea, The Danna Langkawi
offers a luxurious escapade that every beach lover dreams about. While there are many rooms, suites, and villas available, save up for the Princess Beach Villa and Empress Beach Villa which come with their own private plunge pool.
It also has a living room, a separate rainfall shower, a private in-villa spa treatment, and more. The Danna Langkawi is also within driving distance from Skytrex Adventure Langkawi where you can experience some outdoor adventures on the island.
Rate: From S$1,324.22/night on KlookAddress:
Pantai Kok, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah
15. JapaMala Resorts, Tioman IslandCredit: JapaMala Resort (Tioman Island) on Facebook
A stunning resort nestled in Tioman Island's lush rainforest that took over ten years to construct to ensure that its rich biodiversity remains relatively untouched, and has a minimal environmental impact! The JapaMala Resort
offers stunning rooms from ocean to treetop views and boasts a number of activities such as scuba diving, snorkelling, island excursions, and jungle trekking. Each of the rooms is known as sarangs
, which aptly translates to bird's nest!
Credit: JapaMala Resort (Tioman Island) on Facebook
And of course, their Jungle Luxe Sarang villa and Hillside Sarang villa offer private pools for those who want to enjoy their time in private without the need to leave their comfortable and beautiful sarang
! Did you know that Tioman is one of the best east coast islands in Peninsular Malaysia to tick off your bucket list
Rate:From S$333.15/night on KlookAddress:
Kampung Lanting, 26800, Pahang
16. The Ritz-Carlton Langkawi, LangkawiCredit: The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi on Facebook
A luxurious island getaway is promised when you check into The Ritz-CarltonLangkawi
. A 5-star resort that's set within a 10-million-year-old rainforest, each room and villa guarantees lavish treatment, especially the Rainforest Villa, Beach Villa, and Ocean Front Villa.
Credit: The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi on Facebook
Besides having a private pool complete with an outdoor living area and sundeck, the villas are beautifully detailed with contemporary Malaysian decor as well as the added space of a separate living room and bathroom. If you want to turn your island vacation into a food trip, check out the best halal food in Langkawi
Rate:From S$601.51/night on KlookAddress:
Jalan Pantai Kok, Teluk Nibung, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah
17. The Datai Langkawi, LangkawiCredit: The Datai Langkawi on FacebookThe Datai Langkawi has long been famous for being a luxury escape tucked in the island. This five-star resort has two villa types equipped with private pool that would be perfect for the ultimate romantic getaway - the Rainforest Villa With Pool and the One-Bedroom Beach Villa.The beautiful villas each have a 10-metre pool and are super spacious (175 sqm for the Rainforest Villa With Pool and a whopping 350 sqm for the One-Bedroom Beach Villa). Whichever you choose, you will be luxuriating in supreme comfort!Credit: The Datai Langkawi on FacebookGiven the resort’s more secluded location (a 45-minute drive to Pantai Cenang and a 55-minute drive to Kuah town), we’d completely understand if you’d want to spend most of your time on the resort grounds. For more sightseeing spots, check out the best things to do in Langkawi!Luckily, The Datai has multiple dining establishments, including The Gulai House (specialising in Malay cuisine) and The Pavilion (specialising in Thai cuisine), which use ingredients sourced from halal-certified suppliers (though please do note the restaurants also have alcoholic beverages available on the menu, hence we recommend you to dine there at your discretion).Rate:From S$763.62/night on KlookAddress:
Jln Teluk Datai, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
18. Bunga Raya Island Resort, Gaya IslandIf you and your partner are willing to venture out a little, you can be rewarded with this hidden gem located on the hillsides of Polish Bay on Gaya Island off the coast of Sabah. About a 15-minute by boat ride from Jesselton Point dock in Kota Kinabalu, prepare to be blown away by the secluded Bungaraya Island Resort that remains hidden amongst pristine rainforests with beautiful white sandy beaches.The resort has only 48 villas which are beautifully made out of timber in traditional Bornean architecture. Choose the Plunge Pool Villa for the perfect hideout with your loved one - this 87 sqm villa faces the sea and has a private balcony along with the plunge pool.Credit: Bungaraya Island Resort on FacebookWith the breathtaking azure waters surrounding the resort, you’ll be in for a treat in terms of water activities such as snorkelling, diving or paddle boarding. The resort also offers spa treatments if you’re looking for a more relaxed pace.In terms of dining options, the resort has alfresco restaurants The Longhouse and Pantai Restaurant & Bar which collectively serve a mixture of Western and local fare. Both establishments use ingredients from halal-certified suppliers (though please note that alcoholic beverages are also available on the menu, therefore, we recommend that you dine there at your discretion).Rate:From S$367.70/night on KlookAddress:
Polish Bay, Gaya Island, Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, Kota Kinabalu
19. Embun Luxury VillasCredit: embunvillas on Instagram
Inspired by the founder's travels around the world and a desire for tranquillity, what was at first a personal project grew into a resort of its own. Only 45 minutes away from Kuala Lumpur, Embun Luxury Villas is the perfect spot for a romantic vacay. The entire resort is situated on a hill and surrounded by lush forests. Talk about a getaway!
Embun Luxury Villas has 3 types of villas with private pools so you can enjoy privacy together with your spouse! Their one, two and three-bedroom villas come with free wifi, cooking facilities and a rain shower! Everything you need for quality time alone.
Hulu Sum-Sum, Kampung Janda Baik, 28750 Bentong,
InstagramSo with this dazzling array of resorts in Malaysia that are perfect for a romantic stay for two, there’s no more excuse not to book that getaway. In this day and age where we’re constantly on the go, it’s important to get that crucial one-on-one quality time together. So go have a romantic getaway with that person you adore the most! This listicle is curated by our content team and includes advertisers.